Hoverboard havoc

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Minion

Hoverboard havoc

Post by Minion »

First of all let me wish all of you a happy new year!

Now...for the unhappy part. I installed version 3.7 on a server and have an issue with my hoverboard. I verified I'm running 3369 and have the ece pack installed. Maps load and the board appears in place of the manta, but if I as much as look at the thing the server crashes...lol.

The log states the warnings below.

Warning: Missing Function Function Onslaught.ONSHoverBike.KDriverEnter
Warning: Missing Function Function Onslaught.ONSAttackCraft.KDriverEnter

I'm running the VCTF gametype here. I also installed the 375 patch to see if it made any difference, but I have the same result when attempting to use the hoverboard.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi.

Is your server public? Can I join?

What player model are you using? What map?

Can you post the log please?

Sorry it's crashing for you. We'll help if we can.
Minion

Post by Minion »

Sorry for the lack of details...

Yes it is public 72.29.117.211:7777 and it is hosted. I was unable to get Chaos to run as a mod, so it is running as a mutator. The only other muts running are UTVote51 and a waitlimit mut, I tried it with no muts and received the same result.

The default map is AggressiveAlleys2004, but I found all maps with a manta to have the same result. I do use a custom necris skin. I didn't think it would have any negative effects on the mutator though. I switched to lauren and it still crashed the server.

I currently have the hoverboard enabled for you to take a look, but when I enable it the server crashes and wipes the log file out. The only way I can record a log is with the board disabled.

Here is log:

Log: Log file open, 12/31/06 20:57:45
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.2 (Build: 3790)
Init: Version: 3369 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Nov 23 2005 16:23:34
Init: Command line: VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004?game=XGame.xVehicleCTFGame?BlueTeamSymbol=ChaosFlags.FlagB?RedTeamSymbol=ChaosFlags.FlagA?mutator=ChaosGames.ChaosUT,UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX multihome=72.29.117.211
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: F:\Servers\2010\ut4\system\
Init: Ini:UT2004.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Log: Browse: VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Jakob?team=255?SpectatorOnly=0?game=XGame.xVehicleCTFGame?BlueTeamSymbol=ChaosFlags.FlagB?RedTeamSymbol=ChaosFlags.FlagA?mutator=ChaosGames.ChaosUT,UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 40892->38960; refs: 458591
Log: Game class is 'xVehicleCTFGame'
Warning: Missing Function Function Onslaught.ONSAttackCraft.KDriverEnter
Log: Bringing Level VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 9.397000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: Mutators ChaosGames.ChaosUT,UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX
ScriptLog: ChaosUT2 found 366 possible spawn points for Relics/Gravbelt
ScriptLog: ChaosUT2 loaded the following Relics for this map: Regen...Sheild...Speed...Strength...Vampire...Vengance...
ChaosRelics: Spawning initial relics close to bases
ScriptLog: ChaosUT2 has the following CUT Vehciles switchs disabled: bHoverboard...
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
ScriptLog: MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Resolving ut2004master2.epicgames.com...
WebAdmin: Loading Available Maps
WebAdmin: Loading Game Types
Log: Mutator exported successfully: SpiderSteroids.MutSpiderSteroidReplacer
Log: Weapon exported successfully: SpiderSteroids.SpiderSteroidLayer
WebAdmin: Unknown Mutator in use: ChaosGames.ChaosUT <-----------This is odd as well?
WebAdmin: XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 80
Log: MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2004master2.epicgames.com as 216.27.56.6.
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.34)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7788 successfully bound.
Log: MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2004master2.epicgames.com established.
Log: Resolving utan.unrealadmin.org...
Log: Resolved utan.unrealadmin.org (85.236.100.16)
Log: Approval APPROVED
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 20160
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 20160
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 20160
Log: Master server assigned our MatchID: 0
UTAN: UTAN Ban Database Updated, Contains 1076 Records
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 12/31/06 20:58:21 67.10.214.91:3349
Log: Client netspeed is 10000
jb

Post by jb »

Hi there, sorry for your trouble :(

Is this a rentered server or one of your own? There is a very easy way to capature the log file if its a windows bassed server that you own:
@echo off
:10
ucc server ONS-Torlan?game=Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame ini=UT2004.ini log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10
But if you dont have access to this then, ignore this.

Since you pointed out that note about chaosut.mut as being unknown, can you play a normal DM game with the ChaosUT mut running and get the chaos weapons in the game? Can you grapple? ect? What about getting our bike to load to replace the scorpin? I also am not sure I like this "ScriptLog: ChaosUT2 has the following CUT Vehciles switchs disabled: bHoverboard..." but my PC that I have with all the chaos stuff on it is still in transit so will be a day before I can research that as I think thats trying to disable the hoverboard. But need to double check that on my end.

Sorry don't ahve more info to offer but if you can test those things ang get back to us we at least can offer more help. Again sorry for your issue!
Jb
Minion

Post by Minion »

"ScriptLog: ChaosUT2 has the following CUT Vehciles switchs disabled: bHoverboard..." <---- This is due to having the hoverboard set to "false" in the UT2004.ini.

I found the reason for the unrecognized mutator, I forgot to add the .ucl file to my System folder. That warning has disappeared and i have web admin control over the chaos settings now.

All other aspects of the game work fine, the chaosbike is present and all chaos weapons function normally. like I said the hoverboard WILL appear if I enable it, but once I attempt to ride the board the server crashes.

My server is a rented server I can try to add the crash log to my commandline and see if that produces anything. Thanks so much for your help.
Minion

Post by Minion »

Ok...no luck on the crash log. My normal log has the same warnings regarding Onslaught.ONSHoverBike.KDriverEnter. From what I read at Unreal Wiki this is the function used to allow a player to enter a hover type vehicle?

I see this fellow has the same issue: http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?p=63101

Is there a file that is not being redirected that contains this information for the client? I'm no programmer, but it seems there is something missing, or an incompatability with the VCTF gametype?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I've been able to connect to the server and play without any issues, but the hoverboard was turned off.

The only thing I did notice (and it's maybe/probably unrelated), is that I had to download ChaosInterface2.utx, even though I had put a fresh install of version 3.7 just for this visit. Maybe not a big deal, but it will (and has already) confuse folks who attempt to connect.

(ie: ...

[15:57] <> hey mark
[15:58] <> what the heck version of chaos is on that ~htm server?
[15:59] <> every time i've tried to join it, it forces me to dl chaos

... Either he has 3.7, and had to download that .utx file, or he has 3.75)

So anyway, I have no other info yet I'm afraid. I played a few times with the board turned off, and things seemed normal so far.
Minion

Post by Minion »

Sorry about the extra file, I installed 370 originally and couldn't get the board to work so I installed the 375 patch hoping it would fix it. When it did the same thing I overwrote the 375 files with the 370 versions. I suppose the texture file was missed.

Is that a 375 only file? If so I can just remove it, or should I repatch to 375? I had the board enabled for a while, but I disabled so we could play. I'll turn it back on and stay out for a while.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Up to you if you wanna leave board turned on any further. I'm not sure there's anything else I can do at the moment.

I can confirm the crash, and I have a log file I can share, just not sure if it will help.

Thanks for changing it over and letting me check it out.
Minion

Post by Minion »

No...thank you for trying to help! Like I said we love the server as it is, I just wanted to enable the board if it were an easy fix, as I tend to overlook the obvious at times.

I'll repatch to 375 and disable the board for now. I'll keep checking back in case you guys think of something I can try.

Thanks for the awesome mod...no worries if it has to be left this way. :D
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Just fyi - I ran a quick 3.75 listen server with VCTF and the Chaos mutator. MassChaos joined and we both were able to use the boards just fine (I used a different map though as he didn't have that one). Not exactly same as your situation, but again, just fyi.
jb

Post by jb »

At this point I have no good ideas on how to solve this issue. Never did here what the fix was for the other guy with this same issue was :(

If I read you right, your normal UT2k4 game (ie Chaos not loaded) has those same errors right? Does it also crash when you try to ride the Manta? Those should not be there for normal UT2k4 game. And yes KDriverEnter is the function that handles when a player tries to take over and drive a vechile (it hids there pawn if that applies, transfers the controler to the vehicle, sets up and ligts, dust, or other effects, ect.

I guess at this time we need to weed out those errors from a normal game. Once we can get that working, then we can add on Chaos? So sorry for your trouble just we can not create this error on our end so no good way to help.

Maybe a fresh/full re-install with Epics last big patch/bouns will be needed if all else fails...

But let me know on the normal manta and sorry about this!
Jb
Minion

Post by Minion »

Found it!

I first upgraded to 375 with no difference in gameplay. I then decided to look past the chaos install itself and verify standard gamefiles were truly up to date (my host patched the server). I found that my version 3369 with ECE had different versions of onslaught.u and xweapons.u. So I overwrote these files with mine (actually I overwrote all files beginning with "onslaught and xweapons" and the board functions normally and the log is error free.

I thought you guys would like to hear this...I'm sure you have been as baffled as I have. Thanks again for all your hard work guys!
jb

Post by jb »

Minion,

yea glad you found it working. If those errors for KdriverEntered happned on the Hoverbaord then I would have suscpeted our mod as the cause. But because they were on Epic's vechiles that made me think of something not chaos related. I will let the other user know that just as an FYI and so glad its working for you!

Thanks and let us know what else we can do to help!
Jb
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I have this problem to can you explain where you got the files that worked .

Cheers Arkon