"Message" or so the error tells me.

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
adaghar

"Message" or so the error tells me.

Post by adaghar »

Ok, so i installed Chaos UT2, I installed the latest version. However i cannot start it up, Instead a window pops up that says "Your CD key appears to be invalid. You will need to reinstall the game and enter your CD key to fix this problem." I experienced this same problem when attempting to play UT2004, however I eventually found a way to fix it. But this I cannot fix. Thank you for any help you might be able to give.
jb

Post by jb »

Hmmmmm not sure what the cause and fix was anyone else remember?
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, this thread starter said same thing

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtop ... valid++key

and he apparantly got his working by deleting the Chaosut.ini and the chaosutuser.ini

good luck!
adaghar

Post by adaghar »

Hmm, I just tried that. It still did not work. I deleted both .ini and attempted to run it. And I received the same error.

EDIT: Just reinstalling everything, something else with ut2004 isn't working. Can't find anything about it. Will Update with the results after.

EDIT #2: *sigh* No difference. Still gives me the same error.

EDIT #3: Attempting the zip installer

EDIT #4: *thinks* Could some of my problems be that i am using a umod extractor instead of the actual setup. However i cannot get it to work by doing setup. 'Cus i was using the UT4MOD

EDIT #5: now while even trying ot run UT2004 i receive this error:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2596 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (8421)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
jb

Post by jb »

adaghar wrote:Hmm, I just tried that. It still did not work. I deleted both .ini and attempted to run it. And I received the same error.

EDIT: Just reinstalling everything, something else with ut2004 isn't working. Can't find anything about it. Will Update with the results after.

EDIT #2: *sigh* No difference. Still gives me the same error.

EDIT #3: Attempting the zip installer

EDIT #4: *thinks* Could some of my problems be that i am using a umod extractor instead of the actual setup. However i cannot get it to work by doing setup. 'Cus i was using the UT4MOD

EDIT #5: now while even trying ot run UT2004 i receive this error:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2596 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (8421)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Did you install the Bonus pack? Is there a chaosut2.ini found in your chaosut2\system sir as that may help troubling shooting it. Sorry for your trouble!
Jb
adaghar

Post by adaghar »

Hmmm. This install i forgot to install the bonus pack, but now that I have, it always tells me my cd key is invalid... both for ut2004 and chaos ut2
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Try using this for your CD key problem http://spaz.s5.com/
adaghar

Post by adaghar »

The cd key is the exact one from the box. Using that didn't help it. I now can't get ut2004 to work at all :(
jb

Post by jb »

Hmmmm i have no other ideas other than a fresh re-install....
Jb
adaghar

Post by adaghar »

I guess I'll try that again then
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

After you install UT install the ece mega pack, then install the 3369 UT patch, then Chaos 3.7, then 3.75. I've had problems with the 3369 patch thats in the ECE mega pack.

If you need some links.

Mega Pack: http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... gapack.exe

3369 Patch: http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... ch3369.exe

Sorry the reg fixer didn't work, I've had good luck with it.
adaghar

Post by adaghar »

Well I'm working from Unreal Anthology, Which supposedly has the ECE of UT2004, however, it does not really. Well, I'll try that when i reinstall.

EDIT: Ok, so fresh install. In exactly the order you said to, genman, Chaos UT2 does not work. BUT, i made The original UT2004 file work, Because it comes installing a bad .ini for some reason, but i made that work, figured out the problem I had earlier, gonna try and reinstall Chaos UT2 with the non-faulty .ini.

EDIT: Huzzah! ALl that had to be done was replace the .ini then install bonus pack, then install v3369 patch, then install CUT2 3.7 then the patch for 3.75. And now it works. Thank you for the assistance all of you.
jb

Post by jb »

Wow, sorry for all the trouble it caused but sooo glad its working for you. Congrads!!!!
Jb