Replays

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
coopdvi1

Replays

Post by coopdvi1 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question; I wasn't exactly sure where to put it. In any case, I would like to save replays of Chaos--i.e., I would like to record the games I play on my PC to burn it to DVD. (It will help immensely with instruction.) I tried using a program that saves what happens on my monitor to a movie file, but the movie always comes out choppy and takes too much PC power to make. (Maybe I'm using the wrong software.) Have you guys saved any replays? Is there a "smart" way to do it?

As always, thanks for your time.

SJC
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

I recorded a lot of films I have made with Fraps, a very nice tool that you can (very easily) use for unreal, and for any game you have. I've tried it with different games (DiabloII, Arx Fatalis, Worms Armagedon...)

The demo is downloadable on their site, you can only save films on 30 sec sequences and their web site address figures on the film render^^
You can also buy the full version as I did, it is very usefull to me cause I make films of vitual architecture for my studies.

Have a look at it, it is a very good film tool.
Be excessive.
coopdvi1

Post by coopdvi1 »

So I tried Fraps like you said: it didn't work as well as I had hoped. I downloaded a demo version and used a dual core computer (pretty fast) to recorded 30 seconds of Chaos (in 1920x1080). The recording worked fine, but the game was choppy during the recording. Did you get this, too?

SJC
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

well, you can enable the fraps fps counter ingame, you will see your fps dramatically decreasing while recording. I use to record in 1600*1200, with the best textures detail etc, My fps while recording is not better than 30 (even if I have a recent pc)

Maybe if you try to record with a lower resolution, lower details, it will run smoother ?
Be excessive.