How do i run this on linux?

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
halibut

How do i run this on linux?

Post by halibut »

im running ubuntu 7.04 feisty fawn and i cant run this great mod. Trying to run it in shell with > sh ut2004 -mod=ChaosUT2
and it says>$ sh ut2004/ut2004 -mod=ChaosUT2
Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

History:

Exiting due to error

does anyone know how to fix this?
jb

Post by jb »

It's been such a long time since we had a linux question not sure. But did the chaosut2 files get extracted to their own dir inside the UT2004 files?
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: How do i run this on linux?

Post by R.Flagg »

halibut wrote:Could not spawn a GUI Controller!
Are you sure you have the lastest patch and the ECE bonus pack?

I have no idea what a feisty fawn is, but I sure like how it sounds! :D
MassChAoS

Re: How do i run this on linux?

Post by MassChAoS »

R.Flagg wrote:I have no idea what a feisty fawn is, but I sure like how it sounds! :D
Feisty Fawn is the project name for Ubuntu 7.04, the latest release of Ubuntu.
jb

Post by jb »

halibut,

any update on this yet?
Jb
halibut

nothing nothin nothing

Post by halibut »

i keep getting segmentation fault ... :) its a pitty, the mod looks cool.
maybe there is a problem with filled up RAM, who knows.
halibut

Post by halibut »

Jb> the directory was correct, i can assure you. i try at least to install according to the rules :) well, lemme know here if you have an idea how to fix it, that would be very nice and i thank in advance, its a challenge huh? got a lot of work now anyway. you know what would be cool? a little ITSY BITSY mutator only with the melee stuff. i played junk war and this style of game works for me. :D

live long and prosper
jb

Post by jb »

halibut,
when you try and it fails, does it create a chaosut2.log file in the chaosut2\system dir?
Jb
No4HorsemenHere

Post by No4HorsemenHere »

Hey all, it's been a very long while since I was here last, but I just dropped in because I recently installed a linux distro and am having the same problem mentioned in this thread.
I'm using Sabayon Linux 3.4a (stable release) and installed UT2K4 without problems. I'm not sure if I installed the bonus pack thing properly, as it was a .exe file and I was told to change it to a .zip file and extract it. I did that and also applied the latest patch (3369). The game runs fine without mods, but when I try to execute the ChaosUT2 mod (same way as described in the original post), I get the same error. The splash screen appears for Chaos, but then that error appears in the terminal and the splash screen disappears.

Is there a way to know I properly installed the patch and bonus pack completely?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I might have some time to try and install Chaos on Ubuntu this coming week, if I can find the installation disks. I don't think anyone else on the team uses Linux, but I have a dual-booting laptop. I should be able to at least test it to see if it installs and runs.
jb

Post by jb »

Matt,

that would really help if you could do that for us. It would be nice to see if there are other steeps needed for a Linux install...

No4HorsemenHere.
is there any errors in the chaosut2.log file? it should be in the ut2004\chaosut2\system folder...
Jb
No4HorsemenHere

jb wrote:No4HorsemenHere.
is there any errors in the chaosut2.log file? it should be in the ut2004\chaosut2\system folder...
I'm not finding any log files in the /ut2004/ChaosUT2/System folder.
jb

Post by jb »

Do you find it anywere else on your system? Just curious to see if Linux is throwing it into a different directory. Or maybe its just dying before it gets that far...
Jb
No4HorsemenHere

jb wrote:Do you find it anywere else on your system?
Nope.
Or maybe its just dying before it gets that far...
That's what I was thinking.
jb

Post by jb »

Hmmm at this point I have nothing really good to add. I can try to search around to see what docs may exist that outline how mods should be setup for UT2004 in linux.

Mass any luck on getting your setup running Linux?
Jb