need some config help if possible :)

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
sonick

need some config help if possible :)

Post by sonick »

Hello All,

I've only recently gotten back into gaming (a bit), and my computer is fast enough for UT2004 and nothing much newer. This is just fine with me because I am a UT fan since the beginning, and I've come to discover that the ChaosUT mod is a damn BLAST!!!!!! i am LOVING practicing against bots with the ChaosUT mod enabled for ALL modes/maps :)

I do have a couple things I need to do in my config, and I need some help doing them; i can't seem to figure them out on my own via manual or search. FYI, I only play instant action / deathmatch with bots and no network play.

I would VERY much like to do all of the following in ut2004 (newest patch) with chaosUT (newest install) (in no particular order)

1) COMPLETELY remove the MUG fire (and ice) weapons from the maps, never to re-appear. The fire effects use WAY too much of my meager GPU, and my gameplay literally stops. The MUG must go. For now.

2) COMPLETELY remove the revenge relic from ever appearing. I can see how it'd be neat during team play, but it gives me panic attacks when I'm playing bots to have skulls chasing me around. LOL

3) Be able to grant myself the SPEED relic EVERY time I spawn on a map.

4) Be able to bind a key to select the gravity vortex. I didn't see where it was possible to assign the gravity vortex a key like the other weapons so I can draw it immediately without having to mouse-wheel through the tons of other weapons trying to find it.

These are the big four that I would be elated to be able to do ; this would improve my experience 10 fold on my modest little practice box if I could do these things. I would be ecstatic if I could get these items configured.

Can someone show me how to do these things ? I am a total noob, a complete buffoon when it comes to UT configs and such, so assume that I know absolutely nothing ! :)

Thanks for a great mod! And thanks for taking your time to read my post :)

Kind Regards,
Jayson
Last edited by sonick on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Sonick,

1 and 2 can be done in the Chaos settings:

Start Chaos, select your game type, configure your map list, configure your game rules, add mutators. After adding the Chaos Evolution Mutator, highlite it and click on configure mutator, from there click open then settings and you can configure which weapons to use and which relic's to use.

As for # 3 can't help you with that one, # 4 you should be able to bind any key you want to use in initial key bind set-up screen.

If you want to try the mod online there a server running at 68.9.75.118:7777

Have Fun :)