A small problem, i'm sure

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Qman

A small problem, i'm sure

Post by Qman »

i am a long time user of Chaos, i have the latest version of chaos and the ECE, and the v6679 (or whatever) patch, but for a long time now, i've noticed the for every time i play a match either with or without the Chaos mutator, that my number of bots doubles each match (i.e. i play one match with 5 bots and when i come back to the menu, i have 10) is there anyway to fix this...i mean, i used to just manually remove them, but it's become a real hassle, and i'd rather find a fix for it.

please help this long time user, first time poster.
»SZO«Moo

Post by »SZO«Moo »

1) That can be changed in your UTVote. Login as admin when you enter the game and bring up the mapvote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) It can also be changed in the UTVote.ini under

[UT2Vote58.UT2VoteGameTypes]

Look for your chaos game type

GameType=(GameName="Chaos DM" MinPlayers=4 NumBots=3

So this means if a player enters he will have to fight it out with 3 bots.
If a second player enters then it's you 2 and 2 bots. Bots would be gone after the 4th player enters.

MinPlayers=2 NumBots=3 This means when a player enters two of the bots will leave when the player enters, if a 2nd player enters there would be no bots left.

After loading to the server from your ftp the server needs a restart or it will not change.

If you are not using a dedicated server then you have to make sure your game is closed right down before you make any changes or it will not change.
Qman

Post by Qman »

ok, but this also occurs in Botmatches too, and also in basic UT2004, both on my servers, and in the ut2k4 botmatch, and with other mods like frag ops, or red orestrah (i don't know how to spell : P)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Perhaps you're seeing this issue;

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=6301

The old Double Your Pleasure 'feature' (long story behind that one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hwvWIK1eM
Qman

Post by Qman »

ah yes, that did it! thanks muchly!
Qman

Post by Qman »

ok another problem, but easily fixed...i intruced my buddy to chaos the other day, and was showing him the deul gametype, witch he loved, but when he tried ChaosDM he was unable to switch to his melee weapon...i didn't see a keybind in the settings menu, is there a way to bind it to swtich to melee weapon?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Your question makes me realize that I didn't update our manual to be more clear. Your choices are normal weapons, or melee only. Not a mixture.

At least not any more. We had tried that approach for awhile, and decided it just wasn't kosher. Mainly because the melee stuff is 3rd person, and everything else is 1st person.

(Arrggh!! Gawd I can't tell you how much I wish we never did that 3rd person melee stuff! :( Doesn't anyone want to play FPS sci fi arena shooters anymore! But.. ya know, too each his own. Have fun sir. )

Sorry, just venting. :wink: I prefer first person games. BTW - you mentioned FragOps and some other bullet game... if you ever wanna try listen server co-op Arma2 missions (a vastly superior bullet shootin' game than those IMO), let me know. I've made 3 of my own missions for it so far.
Qman

Post by Qman »

oh ok i see, one or the other....and i can also see how that would have been one massive headache.
sure i'll play with ya, im one hell of a sniper, espically online but be warned, i'm playing on WiFi so i'll be a little laggy