Finaly a fix for ChaosUT (UT99) and Xpickups

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Finaly a fix for ChaosUT (UT99) and Xpickups

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have had an issue running ChaosUT and some other mutators for a long time, but finally there is a fix from Feralidragon, the author of one of the most important mods in question. X-Pickups.

Visit UT99.org forum for details and download.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3541

This change could be made to the original Chaos mutator ?
:wink:
Anyone up for making Chaos more compatible with other mutators?
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Greetings!

Post by Hermskii »

Hello Dr.Flay

Welcome here! Expect answers soon. I was racing over with the link you just posted just in case you got side tracked. many of the original founders of Chaos are still here so I suspect this is going to get a real close look.

Good job!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hiya.

If I understand correctly, you are using approx. 37 mutators, and your game is still working to your satisfaction.

In that case, I humbly suggest that life is good, and you view every day as a gift. Sunny skies, upward twinkles, and so forth and so on.

Ever forward, and Thanks for playing!

Oh, and be sure to try CCTF on Hammer's Setekh. It's like a nearly frozen Coke on a really hot day. A combo made in heaven.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Well hello there, all
I am somewhat over-due for joining here, as I have been playing the Chaos since GOTY came out !

Well the fix works a treat, but I've found another clash, which I will investigate later (I have posted the issue on the X-pickups thead).

Playing DM-GangOfFrontCity map last night, I noticed the Pulse rifles had turned into the old Stingers (but the pulse ammo stays)

:D Yeees I know I have a stupid amount of mutators running (for bug-tracking I reduced it to the 3 mutators in question), and no It isn't reliable, but that is more often down to some of the monsters and zombies I have spawning every 3 minutes.... and permanent decals!
After 30 mins my map looks like a true arena of bloody-death! With monster corpses everywhere. :twisted:

The most common engine crashes are physics and occlusion errors
:roll: BTW. I usually have a couple more mutators that weren't in the screen-grab!