Hello Chaos

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Sarge

Hello Chaos

Post by Sarge »

I am announcing that I have registered for this BB. :roll:

Besides that, I have put up a new chaos server. Its name, Low Ping - Frag Fest MA. It is slowly but surely becoming rather popular. Must be the new name. Anyways, it is running on a fairly decent machine. PIII 500mhz. On a T-1. I am running stats and at my lesiure I will post a link either weekly or bi-weekly to the running stats. I only have 22 maps in the rotation, I plan on adding and deleting here and there. Questions..Comments..Suggestions are always welcome.
Need to work on one...Dont mess with Rinoa!
cryosar

Thanks for another Chaos server Sarge!

Post by cryosar »

It is one of the lowest pings I can find around which will make it different for a change. Hope to see you there.

cryosar{MoO}
cryosar {MoO}
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

IP?
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

The Sarge's server is located at:
12.38.111.230:27910

Thank-you for the server Sgt. Brochu! 8) (...errr except that is appears to be down currently)
The screenie that you and the other players posed for last night is on the ChaosDM webpage (thanx MassChAoS) :)
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Added to CDM site's Server page.
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

How about posting links to the maps in the rotation for those who may not have them all (am currently getting one from the server :cry: )

Peace,
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams Team

Server Pages.

Post by Rimshot »

Mass and I discussed this last night, we are gonna set up a server page for the CA site as soon as we can work out the bugs.

Should make it easy for admins to list their servers, and we are gonna try to make an editable text block on each server's page, that the admin will be able to use to list their map rotations and any server info they might want people to know about.

Server admins need to start thinking about making Logo's for their pages and their server as we are gonna try to add that to the page also as part of the page header.'

More info to follow...
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams
Development Team
Sarge

Good idea

Post by Sarge »

You know, I will put up a page for my chaos server. Listing map rotation,stats for players and what not. It will be on my hiddenspot site, I will post the link when its done. A logo , hmm yeh i can do that too. Will have to install my photoshop disc.

Sounds good, Will post when done. If anyone notices my server down try and contact me. I have put in my profile several methods of reaching me.

Thanks Lothar for posting the IP for mass.
Need to work on one...Dont mess with Rinoa!
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Good luck with your new server....

Check out my post on another thread... it may help get more players on your server.....

http://bbs.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=107

Also BW will give you too many false postive bot detections..... IMO: Q2Admin v1.17 with a forced reconnect is the best Q2 bot protection. So far I've only seen false positives when a player has serious lag... like 1000+