General ChaosDM Question.

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
sYk0

General ChaosDM Question.

Post by sYk0 »

When you install ChaosDM does it make a seperate executable file so you can play regular Quake II when you want to. Thank You.
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

The installation does not change/replace any existing Quake2 files. Everything that is installed, is put in a seperate 'chaos' folder. Quake2 will run the same as before or you may play the Quake2 Chaos mod.... it depends on which server you choose to play on... whether it's plain Quake2 or Q2 chaos....
Dracos (moo)

can someone help me with the scope thing

Post by Dracos (moo) »

where can I find scope downloads and ways to make the zoom better.
8O
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

here ya go

//ZOOM
bind shift +sz
alias +sz "fov 20;set sensitivity 3.00;crosshair 1"
alias -sz "fov 90;set sensitivity 9.50;crosshair 2"

edit the values for your own setup/reflexes

for different crosshairs try here,

http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com/

also I recall Hasben made a set awhile back.... check the moo forums
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
Face Man

Post by Face Man »

I can bind keys alright, but i cant default them

they change back everytime i exit and re-enter Q2 Chaos

how can i default my custom controls?
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

there is some sort of configuration file thats in the same folder as the Q2 exe. and in one of them is a bunch of keybinds, add yours to the list. At least, thats how it works with q1, and q3...
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

There should be an autoexec.cfg file found in your quake2\chaos folder... that is the best place to put your binds that you want to use for the q2 chaos mod only.
Lightning{TCA}

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

I think what he is saying is that he knows how and where to put them, however they are rewritten each time he joins a game.

This is correct .......... quake will always try to put your configs back to default because ......... aaaaaaaaahummm !!! your technically NOT supposed to mess with them lol (evil)

To get around this minor little problem. Make all the changes you need in your config file, then save, then the most important thing that you need to do is to right click your file and go to properties. Make sure that you check off that it is read-only ! Making a file read-only will do just that. It will only allow Quake to read it and not rewrite over it :)

As far as the other question above in regards to playing quake or chaos. This is really simple. There is one executible only that you use to play quake. The difference between the two will be the target shorcut line. You can solve this problem with having two shorcuts on your desktop. One for quake with the original target line in place. The other one with the chaos target line in place :) For the chaos one ...... you can easily change the icon and what it looks like by choosing the chaos icon. You can keep the quake icon for the quake shortcut.

If your not sure what i mean by changing the icon or the target line let me know.

Hope this helps
Light :)
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Lightning{TCA} wrote:......This is correct .......... quake will always try to put your configs back to default because ......... aaaaaaaaahummm !!! your technically NOT supposed to mess with them lol (evil)
The quake2.exe only alters the "config.cfg" files... all other cfg files must be edited by the user.... so the above statement is only partially correct