Love chaos mod

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
bigkicker35

Love chaos mod

Post by bigkicker35 »

:D Hi everyone. I like making quake2 maps but I don't know how to apply the chaos mod to one. I'm using qoole 2.50 ( how can you tell I'm a newbie) if someone could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated thanx
CybeR

ok damn

Post by CybeR »

mmm......
Maybe your question more exactly is "how to put the chaos custom weapons and items along on your map?
I tought that before, until i knew that also i can play chaos on every standard map that i want, so i think basically the development chaos team they make is to cycle random weapons/ammo acording with the standard weapons and ammo clases from baseq2.
What i mean is for example if you put a shotgun on your map the chaos dll engine will spawn a bastard sword or the chainsaw. The same with the other items.
So just create a standard non chaos map and thats all.

(Finally i started playing this cool mod becouse i thought in the past that i had to download chaos maps to play this mod and now i know that i can play it on every map i want. That was a great improvment on the mod)
I rule this World!
djspark

Chaotic Items Q2

Post by djspark »

Only other thing to add is that the power ups appear at random times in random places-ish where the random places are usually near spawn points.

Spark