Permission models

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
CybeR

Permission models

Post by CybeR »

Hey i need your help, Chaos mod owners.

I am doing a mod (just for fun) is basically for single player where if chaos mod would implement it will be nice to catch the monsters with the bow, my favorite weapon.
Please is it posible to let me have the permision of using the bow model for example? I will put the full credit of it. Is just for fun and if it is imposible i will only play it as sp mode or on a lan with my friends.
If you want a copy of my mod to decide i will send to you.
Is not for comercial porpouses (uhhh we make mods for fun, not for money)
Is 75% done but i will finish soon. Who is the modeler of that awesome weapons?.

This idea went becouse chaos is now my best mod (no more wod). And i like to see how cool will be playing like chaos style on single player. And becouse in the chaos homepage says that they will release the code about 5 years!!!!!!!!
Too long..........

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:
I rule this World!
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

How well do you know Q2 coding?
CybeR

beaner but yep dude hehe

Post by CybeR »

i am compiling it every 10 minutes to test my changes and bugs hehe con Microsoft visual C++.
Of course is stupid to start on 0, the idea is to start based on something and remeber that the best things are the ones that you make becouse you make as you want.
Maybe i did not make a mod becouse chaos and wod is all for me but will need to have single player to be more cool.
I based my code on fireteam source code wich i had to cleaned it becouse was very buggy. Are you a coder too? any suggestions for my mod? What will you like to add if you where making a mod?
currently i have done about 15 new weapons hehe

check the
fireteam.telefragged.com/fireteam
I rule this World!
CybeR

how can i know

Post by CybeR »

I learn about tutorials (www.planetquake.com/qdevels) is a good one or programersheaven.com
Let me go to my granpa´s house to give you what my dll i am currently working on.

By the way i have to tell the chaos team something:
I dinde know Chaos few years ago when I was making a map and found cool skull textures that i put on it. Now i see that is the texture chaos skull!!
Hhehe i think my map is cool. I dont know if it can be put on the chaos maps section?

You can download it at:
mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/q2mex

The file is q2mex8.zip

Please tell me your cemments. I want to contribute to chaos mod as most as i can.
:borg:
I rule this World!
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

We'll see if we can get your approval. I'll have someone check on the map as well.
beelzebubba
Southern Devil

Post by beelzebubba »

MassChAoS wrote:We'll see if we can get your approval. I'll have someone check on the map as well.
Hey, tried to download the file, but all I get is a file called "auth" and cannot get the map to download. If you can download it, E-Mail it to me, and I'll check it out. Thanks.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

beelzebubba
Southern Devil

Post by beelzebubba »

Downloaded. Will let you know if it's worth adding to the page. There have been maps before that were not good enough, but hopefully yours is not one of them.
beelzebubba
Southern Devil

Map Posted...

Post by beelzebubba »

Okay, the map has been reviewed and posted to the maps page. I've also added a small note to the web site about it. As usual, let me know if anything is wrong with it. Seeya.
CybeR

the server went shutdown

Post by CybeR »

dudes, I am waiting the permission to use the bow model.
The server went shutdown so i couldnt access the forum.

by the way, i hope you liked my map
:borg: :borg:
I rule this World!