ChaosDM Continued Development

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Coolio, I figured you folks were busy, and I've gotten some responses from Furrysound, and Masschaos. Just drop me an icq when you have a chance & we can have a go.
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Hey just thinking about this
I have yet to fulfill my word to fellow Moo's about starting again to update the Q2Chaos web site with some news,
One simple thing might be to get the pic of the week thing going again, or even pic of the month, if thats too much added workload for the person responsible for updating. Perhaps if server admins were to add a notice and e-mail for the pics in their MOTD . we could get some feedback. I know people are still playing at mootown & the few other Chaos servers.

thanks
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Its Alive.... latest public Beta is running on mootown now.

Enjoy
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Nice work MrG.... 8)

I think it's news worthy... that we have someone working on Q2 chaos updates... even if he's not an official member of the current Chaos development team.

Could we get an update to the ChaosDM website that gives mention of MrG's work... even if it is a Fan/Player based chaos update... after all, there is already a section there for Player/Fan Artwork... if that's site worthy then so is MrG's work.... wouldn't you agree?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Flagg is working on getting the CDM site up to date. In the process of getting logins and stuff.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

You're right though HasBen it certainly is news-worthy, and so now it is posted.

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaosdm/

I was waiting until I could put pics up with it as well, but you are right, and so I went and put that up after reading your post.

Please let me know if there is any mis-information on there, or if you have more that needs to be said. I figured there might be more stuff worthy of posting, but I wanted to at least get MrG's work mentioned now.

It's taking awhile, but we'll get there.
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

been awhile since I posted here so heres the latest devel info
  • * Added new player animations for backwards movement while crouching, and running,
    - Fixed Sat Jan 03, 2004

* Added checks to insure that the maps in random rotation are not played 2 times in a row.
    - Fixed Sun Jan 04, 2004

* Reduced optimized dll size by 4k simply by removing unnneeded checks for deathmatch/coop values!
    Since Chaos is DM only these checks did nothing but eatup time/space.
    - Fixed Sun Jan 04, 2004

* Eliminated some redundant functions/repeated functions with different names
    - Fixed Mon Jan 05, 2004

* Tweaked Playerlist cmd, as it would sometimes give an incorrect client number. Also we should make note of the "players" command
    - Fixed Mon Jan 05, 2004

* Added a new cammode "camera 6" freeview to player view for testing, added checks against functions being used in camera mode.
    - Fixed Thu Jan 08, 2004

* Restored some code to the sv ml maplist function for skiping to a map # in the rotation. The usage is
    sv ml goto #.
    - Fixed Fri Jan 09, 2004

* Added new command MODEL for camera testing.Note this is different from the skin, or skins command.
    - Fixed Sat Jan 10, 2004

* Removed camera model for free view, and player view camera modes freeview to player view for testing,
    also eliminated 90% of the hud display for camera modes, for clear screenshots/demos. removed the ability
    for the vortex to affect the camera in free view mode. Now the vortex can be viewed in safety
    - Fixed Sun Jan 11, 2004

* Added new command CAMLIST to see who is using the camera seperate from all players.
    - Fixed Sun Jan 11, 2004

* Added new cvars for all new chaos options, including telefrag_rail,turret & proxy effects, firing thru teleports,
    - Fixed Fri Jan 16, 2004

* Seperated the lasertime, and proxytime cvars.... there have been 2 in the code for a awhile but an apparent typo
    made them set by the same cvar named lasertime
    - Fixed Mon Jan 19, 2004

* Tweaked new teleporter function a bit for further testing.,
    - Fixed Mon Jan 19, 2004

* Shortened gameversion name to prevent info string length exceded error changed some other serverinfocvars to archive, or latch as well,
    - Fixed Mon Jan 19, 2004

* Forced clients to automaticly change map at level end after 30 seconds rather than just hang on the server indefinitely.,
    - Fixed Fri Jan 23, 2004

* Adjusted Camera 5 to the point where its functional, and added Stats as to who you are caming on the HUD.
    - Fixed Sun Jan 25, 2004

* Fixed a wide variety of bugs in the ctf spectator modes where you could grapple, kick, kamikaze, etc, and were targeted by proxys bots, homers, turrets, etc.
    - Fixed Wed Jan 28, 2004

* Replaced Shotgun, Machingun, and Chaingun fire routines in the code with simple prototype place holders
    for chaos item replacement.
    - Fixed Wed Jan 28, 2004
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Nice progress.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Just a heads up as to where dev status is, and a note that all new features are toggleable on/off via cvar. SO that if server admins don't want to use the new features, they don't have to. :wink:

* Added shell ejecting code for the SuperShotgun, and ExplosiveSuperShotgun ... the model for it was already in the pak files
- Fixed Wed Jan 28, 2004

* Removed telekinetic proxie think function for the time being until further development warrants its return.
- Fixed Sat Feb 21, 2004

* Fixed instagibing of turrets by railshots with telefrag_rail enabled, and tweaked the code a bit so hopefully the attacker will be teleported to the victims location everytime now...still to be tested.
- Fixed Sat Feb 21, 2004

* Changed the new effects for turrets,and proxies a bit, also added additional gibs for the telefrag_rail instagib effect
- Fixed Sat Feb 28, 2004

* Added updated codebase server commands to g_svcmds.c as follows
/*
==============================================================================
PACKET FILTERING

You can add or remove addresses from the filter list with:

addip <ip>
removeip <ip>

The ip address is specified in dot format, and any unspecified digits will match any value, so you can specify an entire class C network with "addip 192.246.40".
Removeip will only remove an address specified exactly the same way. You cannot addip a subnet, then removeip a single host.

listip
Prints the current list of filters.

writeip
Dumps "addip <ip>" commands to listip.cfg so it can be execed at a later date. The filter lists are not saved and restored by default, because I beleive it would cause too much confusion.

filterban <0 or 1>
If 1 (the default), then ip addresses matching the current list will be prohibited from entering the game. This is the default setting.
If 0, then only addresses matching the list will be allowed. This lets you easily set up a private game, or a game that only allows players from your local network.
==============================================================================
*/
-Fixed Fri March 5 2004
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline: