Time to jump back in...

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Buff

Time to jump back in...

Post by Buff »

Hello all...I finally joined this forum. My name is Buff; I run the "Buff's chaotic empire" chaos server. I've been a chaos junkie pretty much since it first came out, which was about when I got my first PC (besides the C64). My servers been going for a while, but I haven't had much time to maintain it (Job, school, countless drunken streakings). What is the latest news? I noticed Quake chaos had an update and listed some servers, which mine had an invalid port, which I think I fixed. I'm glad to see there are still some Chaos players out there.
I am still an easy frag, LOL, BBQ.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi, welcome back.

Yes, folks are still playing the Q2Chaos. Plenty of them actually.

Most of the latest news I'm aware of is what you read on the web site, but to be honest, I think only one Chaos team member still plays that version. So for the very latest in Q2Chaos news, you might wanna also check out the Moo Clan forums, hit up some of the regulars over there.

And if you haven't seen UT2004 demo yet, you might wanna give that a shot too. It's looking like an excellent game, and the Chaos mod is headed there next.

Frag on
Epoch{Moo}

Post by Epoch{Moo} »

Always great to see another q2chaos server up and running :D
Don't be scerd to add any ctf maps to the map rotation :wink:

The port that was posted is invalid... but the default q2port is what your sever is currently on. 68.102.65.127: 27910 might want to post it on the mooclan forum as well to get your server added by the public.
What is the latest news?
Mr.G has made some great progess on an updated .dll and is continuing to do so.. I've got some ideas myself and hopefully in the future will see some awesome implemented code such as an admin system.. right now it's (the new .dll) is only running on mootown though. Check out the mootown forum for more info about that. It's just a third party non-affliated update right now, hopefully more integration, growth and development will continue to take part in q2chaos .. in due respect to the team and my current awaiting a reply to thread (drops a note) :wink:

YIFF
Ashaman de la {Moo}
Epoch{Moo}
Buff

Post by Buff »

Thanks for the replies! I tacked on a few more maps in the rotation and cleaned up a few things here and there.
I'm curious to see how Mr. G.'s update makes things better. I'll make sure to get it when it's out (or is it?).
I'll start popping into mootown's forum everynow and then.
I'm still glad to see that Q2 chaos is not going to die.
Feel free to drop some suggestions to make my server better, e.g. maps, speed, disgruntaled postal workers, whatever.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I made a brief news post on our web site, so that if anyone sees it, they'll get the correction.

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaosdm/

Thanks for running a Chaos server, Buff!
Buff

Post by Buff »

Thanks for the update! Now to brush up on my railgun skills...
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

...While bunnyhopping...

well,its nice to see that even the oldest chaos still lives,not so good with CUT:99 tho :(