NEED FLUMMY!

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
doublemeat

NEED FLUMMY!

Post by doublemeat »

It doesn't look like this area doesn't get much action anymore. But I'm desperate.

I've GOT to get the old beta 0.3 version of Chaos, so I can run a server with the Flummy Blaster! I miss that thing so much. I used to play it over ISDN, and had no lag issues whatsoever--ever. Modem users did though, but that's kind of a moot issue now.

I've looked all over. I buddy of mine got ahold of one, and I tried it (with server and client), but it was incomplete and had many textures missing--and the Flummy was missing.

Does ANYONE have a good, working copy! Please! And thank you!
doublemeat

still desperate!

Post by doublemeat »

...after all these years...
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Better late than never I guess. The only person I knew who still had a good working version of that was Lothar{moo}. The thing I remember about setting it up is you would have to backup your normal Chaos, delete the folder except for map related data and players, and then install the old version. Otherwise you'd run into some severe incompatibility issues. I'll see if I still have a way to contact him and if He still has the files.
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I'm on the hunt for Flummy Version too.

Don't suppose you ever got in touch with Lothar did you?
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

OK...I'll ask.

Post by Hermskii »

What does a/the flummy do?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
MrG[DRGN]

Re: NEED FLUMMY!

Post by MrG[DRGN] »

Had to register a new account in order to post. Didn't seem to want to forward my password to my email. Oh well, such is life. I did hear back from Lothar here's a link to the .03 version of chaos. Remember to back up any existing install of Chaos as the two are NOT COMPATIBLE!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3997851/Chaos/Chaos/chaos03.exe
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yes, my fault for not updating this thread.

MrG did in fact hook me up with that build of Chaos. We also have it available here;
http://files.chaoticdreams.org/Chaos/Ch ... haos03.exe

Trixie mentioned it in a news post, with a pic I took of the Flummy being fired.
http://chaoticdreams.org/2011/08/30/the ... aster-gun/

But I failed to update this thread.

Edit (BTW, tryspy revealed that Lothar was on the MooTown recently. I was otherwise occupied, so didn't join to say HI, but he was there)

Oddly enough, I was planning on talking about the Flummy again today. I'm seeking approx 3 or 4 volunteers, to help make a 30 sec. movie featuring those beautiful blue balls. Best idea I had so far was the disco dance floor of Club Bovine ("You can ring my bell!"), with someone in the middle of the floor 'dancing' (IIRC, there's fancy keybinds/alias for that), while the rest of us 'bubble makers' are filling the dance floor around them.

Silly? Stupid? Well, of course it is. But what else should an adult be doing with their time?
pigmypuncher

Post by pigmypuncher »

So the flummy was the best weapon EVER! I can't believe you still don't have a copy somewhere doublemeat - I know this post is old, but was it before or after that time you launched a flummy capable server?

I should just pick up the phone and call you - don't think it's even 11p your time yet...