Where is the actual site for quake chaos??

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Lightning{TCA}

Where is the actual site for quake chaos??

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

Ok ............ maybe its too early in the morning but I'm trying to find instructions for my quake chaos shortcut target line. I've done it many times however I just forget the line that I need to get to the menu. I like to join from the game itself and not from gamespy etc....

It's something like set game chaos set deathmatch menu_multi or something like that.

Where is the actual site for quake chaos ??? All I keep getting directed to is the Quake 2 news. I know there are directions on the site because I have followed them before. I'm having difficulty in finding the site itself besides news.

As I said ......... maybe it's too early in the AM however, I know there are even install instructions and download links ............. somewhere out there.

Thanks
Light :)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/%7echaosdm/index.php

the ChaosDM site,not sure about anything else as i havent played CDM
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

the rest of teh site is not available... it will be up some time in the future. If you know which page you are looking for, I can get you a direct link.
Lightning{TCA}

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

Hey :)
If you know which page you are looking for, I can get you a direct link.
Thanks MassChaos :)
Actually I am just looking for the instructions to type on my chaos icon on my desktop. In the target line I would like to direct it to the multiplayer menu so I can join chaos from there. I had my computer redone and I need to set it up again. I have done it many times before however I forget :roll:

example /quake2/+set game chaos/+set menu_multi something like that oh and +set deathmatch ............. not sure ............. but I do know it has menu in there somewhere lol

Light
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Lightning{TCA}

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

I got the target to work with the instructions on the site you gave me. Now it doesn't tell me how to get to the main menu though , which I thought I got the original directions from there. Yes I can press the ESC button and it will get me there, however I know its a command that you can add to the target line to take you directly to the multiplayer menu. I believe there is an underscore and the word menu in there somewhere because I had it on my icon before I redid my computer .......... so I know the target line exists. Maybe someone told me how to do it and I didn't read it on the site :/

I do appreciate you posting that link though because its good to have those directions :)

boomshaka

Post by boomshaka »

F:\quake2\quake2.exe +set game chaos +menu_main

is this what you are looking for

where f is the location of the q2 folder

regards

boom
And may your God go with you allways gg
Lightning{TCA}

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

Thanks !

Yes that works awesome. It brings me right to the main menu and I knew it was something like that :)

I also got your icq boom thanks :))

MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Any progress on getting the Quake 2 Chaos website restored to its former self. It would be nice for those of us who still play q2 to be able to download everything for the mod without having to fish around for the right webpage. :(
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Furry was suppose to supply filespace for the mod files to be hosted for download and we could move off of gamespy all together. But that hasn't happened.