Success!!!!

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Jeff TheDestroyer

Success!!!!

Post by Jeff TheDestroyer »

A very kind person shared the 114b4 source with me and I am fairly certain I am now up and running.

I did a quick walk-through on the first map. The basics appear to work. I notice a brief problem with the mouse not responding, which resolved itself. Next I noticed what might be some sound problems--but I'll have to check again with a bit more care -- I was so excited about getting up and running I might have imagined it.

I'll post separately on the source as it needs a bit of work and I can share what I did to get it compiled (and hopefully save someone some time).

Thank you very much for the source. Any idea when 114 will be out of beta?
Jeff The Destroyer
Linux Server Admin for:
UT
Q1,2,3
HL
....and if only there were a native Linux dedicated server for Red Faction
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

The CDM (Q2) project has ceased development.

There is a small community of players still around though.
Jeff TheDestroyer

Post by Jeff TheDestroyer »

Is there much left to do? Is there a list? I'd be happy to update the remarks so the warnings no longer appear.

Or is it simply that 114b4 is in pretty final-form already and just hasn't taken a "small step" to final code?

Thanks!
Jeff The Destroyer
Linux Server Admin for:
UT
Q1,2,3
HL
....and if only there were a native Linux dedicated server for Red Faction
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

And keep this in mind too please.

We were fine with allowing the previous gentlemen to continue what he saw as desired improvements and changes to the Q2Chaos mod.

We are not however, going to be making any "official" changes. If you wish to do as he did, and start "modding" Q2Chaos, feel free to do so (not speaking for myself, this was agreed to by the team). But you must release it under some other name you create (Chaos Continued, Chaos With More Power, MYUPDATEDChaos, or whatever), but we are satisfied with the legend of Q2Chaos as it is, and we have no current intentions to do anything to it.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a bright shiny trophy on our mantle, placed there by the original version of this mod team, and we would be foolish and full-of-ourselves to make any changes to it at this point. IMO, we should leave well enough alone, and only concentrate on the future of this franchise, not the past.