Facebook Chaos Group

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Lightning{TCA}

Facebook Chaos Group

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

Hello Everyone!

I decided to start a new topic since I have been recycling the old "I'm Back" topic since 2004 :)

We have a Facebook Chaos Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2348472242 that we created for anyone that belongs to Facebook and wants to join. It's a closed group just for people who have an interest in Chaos, so the Admins just have to approve membership. If you don't have Facebook you can easily join by going to http://www.facebook.com

The Admins are:
Will English - Mr. G. - aggravationq2@hotmail.com
Myself - Jennifer Watt - Lightning{TCA} - darkravensor@yahoo.ca
Matthew Frakes - Psyco 30-40 - mfrakes@charter.net
Trixie Moo - Trixie Moo - trixie@mooclan.com

Please email any of the Admins listed above if you have difficulty joining the group and we will send you a manual invite.

Hope to see you there!

Light
Last edited by Lightning{TCA} on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stochastic

Post by stochastic »

huzzah

Main Entry: huz·zah
Variant(s): or huz·za \(ˌ)hə-ˈzä\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1573

: an expression or shout of acclaim —often used interjectionally to express joy or approbation
Etymology: Greek stochastikos skillful in aiming, from stochazesthai to aim at, guess at, from stochos target, aim, guess — more at sting
Date: 1934
Lightning{TCA}

Trixie - New Admin

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

I have added Trixie Moo as a new Admin for our Facebook Group. I have updated the contact listings in the original post.

Welcome aboard Trixie!

Light
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Really? Trixie?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

FYI to the FB folks..

Was able to get one post on there today, and then tried to respond to Trixie with a 2nd post, but FB wouldn't let me. It said I had to confirm my membership with a mobile phone (which I don't currently carry - I know, weird huh?), or a credit card (which I'm certainly not going to do).

Just FYI - dunno if that's a setting you can turn off or not, but it's preventing me from posting at the moment.

(but the Chaos forums still works, no credit card required :wink: )
Lightning{TCA}

Post by Lightning{TCA} »

Your the only person out of hundreds of people I know that use Facebook that has been asked for a required credit card or mobile phone. It must have been a glitch or something because that is not something I have heard of before in the 3 years I've had it. People can voluntarily add their mobile phones if they wish to get updates but it's optional.

I'll ask to see if anyone has this issue.

Thanks!

Light
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Just my luck, huh?

A quick google shows that others are in fact having issues. Perhaps a small percentage compared to FB's vast overall audience, but it is still an issue of some sort.

Tried again to post, and this time it was a different message. This time it said I can't post a comment due to my overuse of that feature.
30-40 Psyco

FB Verifications

Post by 30-40 Psyco »

I too have searched the web for clarification on this issue but nothing
conclusive has been found so far.

Some things to consider...

- when you are presented with the verification, what is showing
in the browser's address bar...is it a legitimate FB site?

- any chance your PC is infected? there are rumblings on the
web of some infections that directly affect FB ops...maybe your
browser is being redirected inappropriately.

If you ever find clarification of this issue, please post about it.

Peace, Psyco ;)
Trixie{Moo}
Q2Chaos News Master

Post by Trixie{Moo} »

Hi Mark,

I decided to come by Chaotic Dreams to see if anything was new and noticed your post with your delimma. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you.

Here is a link you could try. It's for FB Troubleshooting:
http://www.fixya.com/support/facebook They have an Expert on line also to get immediate answers to your questions. I hope this helps.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi Trix!

Please understand, that I have always enjoyed chatting with you, and I was prompted to join the Chaos FB group, after seeing you had joined too.

However, I'm just not really a fan of the site. But I'm not going to spend time bashing them though, and I'm not trying to discourage folks from using it. Different strokes for different folks, that's all.

From my (admittedly brief) research into the issue, it doesn't appear to be a virus, it appears to be coming directly from the folks at FB.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 122&v=wall

I'm simply not hardcore enough user to spend my time pushing them on the issue. But, because it's Chaos related, I am willing to check back from time to time, to see if they decide to change their minds ( and/or fix the problem, whichever is the real truth ). I tried again just now, and it's still not letting me post.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

who is this tool? :lol:

PYRO
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

G'damn, that is one handsome fellar.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I am a legend in the Chaos community.....

PYRO