I want my flummy

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
Pigmy Puncher

I want my flummy

Post by Pigmy Puncher »

I've been away for a few years and have obviouslly missed a lot since my last round of QII Chaos on Minor League's server!! Let me start by saying thanks for the forum and great job in your efforts to move Chaos to UT2003! I've been messing around with the CUT version, and sad to say my computer gets a little laggy with only 3 bots.... I have gone ahead and purchased UT2003 in anticipation of your next beta. But, enough rump kissing, on to my questions...
1. Anyone remember the bandwith killer weapon called the flummy blaster? Any chance it will ever return (or can anyone direct me to the correct Chaos ver that had the flummy). I miss my flummy and would like to see how it does on DSL w/ a significantly better processer!
2. How bout allowing the lazer mines to be launched from the gernade launcher?
3. Has anyone tried converting the Sewer 64 map into UT or UT'03 or is it simply too big? (I tryed my hand at creating maps once... it was a complete and utter failure - a little MOO humor).

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
MrG{DRGN}

version .

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

Hehe, that would be version 03 Lothar{moo}, and I have played that version withing the last year or so...he has a copy of it I believe... my chaos03.exe of it has a crc error, and won't extract the pak0.pak for it... so LOTHAR, or if anyone else has it post a link or contact me & i can host it somewhere.
the flummy blaster seemed fine on cable, with a 1.4 ghz athlon...
great fun... hand thrown proxies as well!
I'm sure someone may have attempted to convert quake2 map X to UT, but UT mapping is quite a bit more involved that q2/q3 , not sure how much, if any, more time consuming it may be once you gain an adequate amount of proficiency withe Unrealed.
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

Huh?....wha??
Oh. Okay.

hehe