MooTown server - weapon kicking

Discussion for the original Quake 2 Chaos. (DM & CTF)
HasBen{Moo}

MooTown server - weapon kicking

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Well... I've added a few maps to our rotation where weapons kicking can be a big problem.... it's getting real hard to find new maps that work well in chaos....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've told all mootown admin's the following:

"If a player is kick'en into space, acid, lava, behind jump pads or any other place that makes the weapon unavailable.... then I say... "you kick the weapons off the map.... we kick you off the map...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have put alot of time, effort and money in making MooTown a FUN place to play Chaos. I want to make this clear.... Kicking the weapons off their spawn point is NOT an issue... Depriving players of weapons, so that they are an easy mark, is NOT a tactic welcome at/on MooTown.

Thanks
Fun Fraggin or DIE!

----edit: removed last line that would most likely be misunderstood----
Last edited by HasBen{Moo} on Thu May 23, 2002 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
SquidBoy

Post by SquidBoy »

Change the weapon spawn time. Lower it is, the less time it is missing.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Do you guys think we need public server forums for each mod? Purpose of course would be to discuss this stuff.
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

SquidBoy wrote:Change the weapon spawn time. Lower it is, the less time it is missing.
And what server setting would that be?... as far as I know, there's no such setting.

MassChAoS wrote:Do you guys think we need public server forums for each mod? Purpose of course would be to discuss this stuff.
I put it here because it seemed appropriate for making our new kicking policy public. I think the open session forum would work for server comments.
-Atom-

Re: MooTown server - weapon kicking

Post by -Atom- »

HasBen{Moo} wrote:"If a player is kick'en into space, acid, lava, behind jump pads or any other place that makes the weapon unavailable.... then I say... "you kick the weapons off the map.... we kick you off the map...."
Thanks for the great server Hasben, It's good to see that you are actively trying to stop weapon kicking, which IMO can take all the fun away from the game.

Damn, I'll have to download more maps now, took me hours last time :spin:
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Hey I found this pic of Squidboy on the web tonight....now I see where he gets his name! :lol:
Mayhem
DaBom

Post by DaBom »

We have put alot of time, effort and money in making MooTown a FUN place to play Chaos. I want to make this clear.... Kicking the weapons off their spawn point is NOT an issue... Depriving players of weapons, so that they are an easy mark, is NOT a tactic welcome at/on MooTown.
I just came in here to blow off some steam because I was offered a permanent vacation from MooTown for kicking weapons down to the streets in that freaky "city looking" map(no idead what it's called). It's a cool policy once the motivation behind it is clear...

>>DaBom<<
uber target
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Hi DaBom

That map is called LongFall... With the grapple and belt on, it gives players a chance to be like spiderman... Flying around that map can be a lot of fun.... 8) LongFall was made for the action mod, thats why it doesn't have health or all the weapons on it.... It would be better for chaos if it had a class 9 weapon (rail/buzz) and some health on it... I like it cause it's a very different environment to play in.

As far as a "permanent vacation" goes, whoever told you that doesn't completely understand the new policy.... At present, we only kick players when they kick the weapons "off the map" or "out of play".... somewhere that makes the weapons unavailable to others. A (short) ban would not be out of the question if repeated kickings did not get the message across. Kicking a weapon off it's respawn point, but still "on the playing surface" or "in play", is not currently considered a problem.

For some.... this rule is a little confusing... I hope this will clear it up for those who don't undersatnd it yet...

I wish we had a q2 chaos update where weapons kicking could be controlled by the server's config file, either by turning "weapons kicking" off or changing the weapons respawn time.
SquidBoy

Post by SquidBoy »

Yeah i forgot about that day when we went fishing, you should work out more!!!

Name calling by 40 year old men is funny
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

For the most part weapons respawn time is determined by the MAPPER, not the server admin. In some mods you can fudge this, but I don't think chaos is one of them.

MrG{DRGN} :P
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline: