Chaotic Dreams Team T-shirts/Caps plus a true story....

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Chaotic Dreams Team T-shirts/Caps plus a true story....

Post by Gasman »

I would like to share an experience with yall that happened to me the other day at Best Buy. I was shopping around for a new vid card, comparing prices and so on. When a person walked up to me and said that he has tried this card vs this other card and the pros and cons with each one. So, we talked for about another 5 mins on different vid cards and then started talking about what games he plays. He said he playes all the Quake games, Unreal and UT. Well, I had to jump right in there and ask him if he has a favorite addon/mod that he loves to play on UT. Of course, it just floored me when he said he loves playing ChaosUT. I couldn't believe it, I finally found someone in person that plays CUT and loves it. We talked for about another 20 mins about CUT and I just couldn't resist telling him that I was part of the Chaotic Dreams Team as a beta tester. I will tell you this, he was overwhelmed to actually meet xomeone that is directly associated with the team. I felt really proud to be representing something that has a very big impact on the public and what it means to them.
My next question is directed to anybody that can answer me about having some caps and/or T-shirts made with the Chaotic Dreams Team logo on them. I am not sure who can answer this question and I was wondering if there are copyrights involved along with other legal stuff. If nothing else, I would just like to go ahead and have a couple of hats made for myself just to advertise the Team. Again thanks for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Gasman on Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gasman
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams Team

Shirts etc...

Post by Rimshot »

I was actually thinking about the same thing. I have made final preperations to go to Quake Con this year, and I wanted to make something up to wear or give out to advertise the team.

I ran into the same thing last year at Quake Con by just walking in the door and saying who we were. I had a lot of people stop me to talk just because I had written it on my Pass.

I help run a local Lan here in Colorado, and I have a direct contact to a company called Geekwearz that does custom T-shirts and Game Gear. I could ask what kind of deals they could cut us if we ordered in bulk, but I would need design ideas and would have to know how many people would be interested in something like this before I continued on and had some stuff made up.

Let me know how much interest there is in this idea
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams
Development Team
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

Rimshot, it sounds like a step in the right direction. Its like you say, we need to have a logo that states that we are the Chaotic Dreams Team and then have that across the front of whichever product we would be wearing, ie: hat, shirt, koozie, etc... and on the back it could have maybe which part of the team that individual is, ie: Beta Tester, Modeler, Skinner, Coder, etc....for our ownselves. But for the public, hmmm, I don't know, maybe something else. I am just throwing out some ideas here. Come on guys, jump in and make some suggestions. :lol:
Gasman
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I want a smilin proxy on the front with a say circle thing... like in comics that has one of the funny speech on it.
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams Team

Here is my shirt idea...

Post by Rimshot »

Big yellow Proxy on the back, and in an arch across the shoulders it would say...

"FEAR THE PROXY"

under the proxy it would say

"Chaoticdreams"

and on the front left pocket it would say your name and under that "Development Team"

that's my idea...
Rimshot
Chaotic Dreams
Development Team
jb

Post by jb »

I thought this very same issue has come up at least twice in the pass. Both times we agreed it sounded like something we all wanted to do. But for whatever reason, we never did it. I personally would love nothing more than to have a hat, shirt, coffee cup, ect with our stuff on it....
Jb
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

Well, I guess we are just kinda waiting on an official "OK" from whomever needs to say just do it.
Gasman
jb

Post by jb »

That would be SPA and I think he can come up with some kewl graphics for the stuff...
Jb
jb

Post by jb »

Just talked to SPA about this and he is all for it.

Two first images:
http://www.pc-gamers.net/jb/SPA/chaoticdreams_logo1.JPG

and

http://www.pc-gamers.net/jb/SPA/chaoticdreams_logo2.JPG

He also said we can use the logos for CUT and QA as well....
Jb
Jan-Pieter
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Jan-Pieter »

Hmmm those aren't very impressive, this one he made is

http://www.pc-gamers.net/jb/SPA/ChaosUT_shirt_black.jpg

with my own logo at the back I would be tha man :twisted:
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

OK..this is great...so how do I / we go about getting these put on a cap or shirt? do I print out the logo and take it to a cap/t-shirt place and they do the rest?
Gasman
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

8O THis is an astounding idea!!!!!! If there is any way i can help just let me know :D

I would have to get like 5 of them. Id wear one all the time! hehehehe
:proxy: :borg: :proxy:
jb

Post by jb »

Hmm I was thinking of a couple things. One t-shirt style and another shirt with a collor to look a bit nicer. Have both ;)
Jb
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

yes, a shirt with a collar would be nice. So should we take a vote on which one to use? Maybe have some more logos submitted and then choose or just go with whichever each person would like to wear just as long as it says Chaotic Dreams Team on it somewhere? Then each person could add his own "special" character to it somewhere. Proxy for me. So many choices, so little time... :cry:
Gasman
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Slap that big ole skull logo on as many things as you like, and I'll take at least one of each.

Cap, shirt, jacket, mug, mousepad, cellphone cover plate, zippo, .....