UT2K4 IGN and Gamespy Reviews

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
DemonHunter

UT2K4 IGN and Gamespy Reviews

Post by DemonHunter »

IGN
Their main complaint
t's a little disappointing that the sound in UT2004 doesn't quite match the splendor of its visuals. Some of the music is actually quite good -- especially for the Onslaught maps -- but plenty of it is the same rather generic techno stuff we've heard since the first Unreal Tournament. Sound effects are appropriately quick and violent, and localize well if you've got a full digital surround setup. Unfortunately, the male announcer, Captain Obnoxious himself, makes a comeback. He can still be switched to one of the more-pleasant female voices, but you'll still have to hear the similarly tacky player taunts ("Die bitch!" and "My house!" got really old years ago). As we mentioned in our UT2003 review, it would be nice to hear some creativity and variety here, but at this point, it's the same old collection of sophomoric jibes.
I agree with the bolded part COMPLETELY. the only thing UT2k4 lacks is creative taunts. I like the idea of the taunts, but they're sooooo lame I have to turn them off. The robot taunts are ok, but the rest REALLY suck.
Other then that It They Loved it :P

And the Gamespy's review, and a Chat with CliffyB
[23:21] <DH> everybody knows coders are robots
[23:21] <DH> and should be treated as such
[23:21] <JimMarlowe> shhh