sure, everyone brags about graphics...

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.

sure, everyone brags about graphics...

Post by Guest »

I just bought this amazing 2.1, yes 2.1 computer speaker system. Don't exactly want or have the right setup in this room for a 5.1. Anyway it had already blown me away at the store and I had been looking at it on the internet. It's a Klipsch PROMEDIA THX certified system which cost under 200 dollars to my amazement. I would highly recommend it unless you HAVE to have a surround sound system. Compared to most of you I may be a dumbass when it comes to computers, like some of you have witnessed lol, but I'm definitely an audio guy.

Total System Frequency Range: 32Hz-20kHZ
Maximum Acoustic Output: 106dB Peak
Amplifier Headroom: 2 x 35 watts-satellites
130 watt subwoofer
Satellite: Sealed elliptical two-way enclosure with 0.75" polymer dome
tweeter mated to MicroTractrix(r) Horn and 3" long-throw
mid-bass driver
Subwoofer: Bass-reflex enclosure with front port and side-firing 6.5"
long-throw driver; flared tuned port; sixth order enclosure
design
Amplifier: Digital linear hybrid amplifier; discrete MOSFET output
power section
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

I got UZ-US501 on optical. I'm not sure it's real 501, but I think it is.
5.1 or not 5.1 UT2004 sounds f*****g awesome on those things.

Post by Guest »

Cool man, yeah I left my very point in posting that...out of the post. I was going to ask what everyone else has, lol.
GB

Post by GB »

ive got a 5.1 system, but i got a cashier error in my favour - she cashed it thru at £50 instead of £95!

tbh, i dont really bother about the surround, its just that the speakers a better quality, esp thru my sb .
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
Mick

Post by Mick »

I've always thought I get better sound quality out of headphones (for cheaper) than speakers... only problem being they boil your head in summer.
Reality is that part of imagination we all agree on.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Mick wrote:I've always thought I get better sound quality out of headphones (for cheaper) than speakers... only problem being they boil your head in summer.
Unless you have AC :D

Post by Guest »

Honestly, as long as they sound good the satellites can be like 10 watts each or something...I was really after bass, that's why I bought this system with the 130 watt sub...lol my Altec Lansing system had a 10 watt sub or something, it was ridiculous how easily you could overdrive it!
Yes you definitely get "Chaotic" sound out of this system! 8O 8)