Improvemaent to board

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
Finn_bryant

Improvemaent to board

Post by Finn_bryant »

hey, i just thought of an improvement to the board,

I don't know if youve noticed but there seem to be a lot of users joining the board that have just been created by computers to advertise sites.

There is a way to stop them (i know that phpBB allows it) with an image of distoted writing that the new user must type when logging for the first time, and i think that implementing this whould help remove atomatically created users.

It would not stop real people doing it though, but it would help.

I would PM but i don't know who actually runs the board. (admin doesn't seem to do much so I asume that no one uses the account much)
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

While it would be good to implement this, I don't think its going to happen.
Finn_bryant

oh

Post by Finn_bryant »

why not? It's built in to phpbb (at least it is in the newest version but i think its in this one) all you hav to do is check a box from what ive heard.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

You are correct, it is already a feature in this version. I thought it was not. It has been enabled.
Finn_bryant

wooy

Post by Finn_bryant »

wow, i didn't expect that.
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Finn_Byrant said
I don't know if youve noticed but there seem to be a lot of users joining the board that have just been created by computers to advertise sites.

Your right,I saw a new user this week that had just sighned up and when you try to talk to him you get his site for (HE He) Getting rich on the internet.He does'nt give a rat's ass about Chaos.Can that be stopped ?? :wink:
Head Shot (ooooooooooooh i love that)Ha Ha Ha Ha.