Gimp?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Gimp?

Post by R.Flagg »

Does anyone know if this is a suitable tool for quality UT2004 screenshots?

I was kind of hoping to get input from someone who's tried it before I actually installed it (just in case there are any side effects as sometimes happens).

For some time now, I haven't been able to take quality screenshots with UT2004, at least not with AA on - and view them properly with my PSP 6.

What seems to happen is that the shot is taken at 4 times the size, and I only get the top quarter.

Anyway, ordinarily about right now I'd be posting some shots of Chaos features/improvements that are coming, but I don't really like to play or take screenshots with AA turned off, so I'm just not posting shots.

Any tips would be appreciated - and some quality CUT2 4.0 shots could follow. I'm not even sure that changing my image program will fix the problem...
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I have gimp installed... but I haven't used it to take screenshots.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Just use print screen :P

Or you can get a copy of Hyper Snap. Aint free though.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

You can use xfire to take screenshots.
High Council member of The Generals
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

General_Sun wrote:You can use xfire to take screenshots.
You can?!? 8O
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

if your looking for a fast and easy way to convert your bmp pics to jpeg there is a utility
Screen Capture Converter availble at UT2K4 HQ or some of the popular map download sites.It's simple to use.When i find the URL i'll post it
Head Shot (ooooooooooooh i love that)Ha Ha Ha Ha.

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks the the suggestions guys.

Xfire does take shots for you, but you have to use two keys to do it (makes it hard to get action shots at just the right moment), and you can only use them on your xfire profile site. Plus, it puts an XFire logo right on the pic. So that's nice if somebody needed something like that, but I don't think that's how we want to do our promo pics for Chaos.

Currently I'm able to get around my issue by using the 'capture' deal of PSP6. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but at least I can get some shots for now.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll keep trying for the right answer.