So which UT3 server can I find the chaos guys in?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

So which UT3 server can I find the chaos guys in?

Post by Zachariah »

UT3 has me nostalgic, what server are you guys using, if you frequent any?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, I had been playing VCTF on the X-Cade server, and on the NBS Crush server.

Until I patched to the beta patch that is, and I don't think either of those servers have yet. Kinda hate to uninstall the patch though...

Anyway, I'm still having some random crashes, and hoping to find a fix for it soon.
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

R.Flagg wrote:Well, I had been playing VCTF on the X-Cade server, and on the NBS Crush server.

Until I patched to the beta patch that is, and I don't think either of those servers have yet. Kinda hate to uninstall the patch though...

Anyway, I'm still having some random crashes, and hoping to find a fix for it soon.
Hey add Dearhstorm-UT3 to you friends list. Not Deathstorm that is not me.
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=6088

I take it that thing about not being able to join un-patched servers was old news since you talked to me in IRC.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yes. The patches are backwards compatible. What I think I was seeing was an issue with not all servers showing up in the server browser. I haven't kept up with all the conversations in the mailing list, but now I think there was more than one cause of servers not showing up.

Looks like they are making progress though.
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

deadxatthexscene

Post by deadxatthexscene »

The Chaotic Dreams server was KILLING me over here on the west coast. Went in for a match and had to leave cause I couldn't hit anyone =(
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

I couldn't get on, it would start loading the map for a few secs, then say "connection failed".
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Deathstorm wrote:I couldn't get on, it would start loading the map for a few secs, then say "connection failed".
Which map was it? Did you try typing 'reconnect' in the console?
deadxatthexscene wrote:The Chaotic Dreams server was KILLING me over here on the west coast. Went in for a match and had to leave cause I couldn't hit anyone =(
Well, based on just that info, I wouldn't assume it was the server, not yet anyway. Have you tried to connect more than just the one match? Can you normally connect to servers on the East Coast Ok? Maybe try a traceroute? Hopefully it was temporary.. we need you in there!

I haven't specifically asked anyone yet, but maybe we can ask if other folks from out west can play on it Ok.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Deathstorm wrote:I couldn't get on, it would start loading the map for a few secs, then say "connection failed".
If your using XFire to connect to the server, it maybe causing your problem. Try connecting to the server using the in game browser.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yeah, forgot about that. Thanks genman.

I'm sitting on the server now, if anyone wants to come on out on a Sunday morning and give it a shot.

I'll even change it around. So if you want to play a specific game type and/or map, just - join me online - and ask! :wink:
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

genman1{HHR} wrote:
If your using XFire to connect to the server, it maybe causing your problem. Try connecting to the server using the in game browser.
Ok, how do I do that? Type the ip in the console (/connect to ip). It isn't in the game browser.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Deathstorm wrote:
genman1{HHR} wrote:
Ok, how do I do that? Type the ip in the console (/connect to ip). It isn't in the game browser.
Unless you know what game type is running your going to have to search for the server in each game type.

If you want to make things easy for finding the Chaotic Dreams server, add the server IP to your XFire favorite. Then you can see which game type is running and choose it from the UT game browser.

Once you join the server from UT browser it should show up in the history section. From there you can add it to your favorites in the UT browser.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Remember New Coke? That's my new pet term for the decision to include Gamespy tech in UT3. But like Genman says, once it's in your favorites, it's done and you're all set. It's a one time hassle. And it involves all UT3 servers, not just this one.

They could have made this easier in a number of ways, including:

- allowing you to add favorites by typing in an IP
- adding an All Games option in the browser

And of course Epic then turns the "Pure Server" filter On by default, so later on down the line more new players won't see us at first.

Making it so hard for players to find our server and add it to their favorites is illogical for a company that "supports mods" as they say they do.

But that's just venting. The fact is once you've added it to your favorites, your good to go from that point on. You don't even have to refresh the server list each time after that, you can just click on Favorites and go.

Hope to see you guys there.
deadxatthexscene

Post by deadxatthexscene »

deadxatthexscene wrote:The Chaotic Dreams server was KILLING me over here on the west coast. Went in for a match and had to leave cause I couldn't hit anyone =(
Well, based on just that info, I wouldn't assume it was the server, not yet anyway. Have you tried to connect more than just the one match? Can you normally connect to servers on the East Coast Ok? Maybe try a traceroute? Hopefully it was temporary.. we need you in there!

I haven't specifically asked anyone yet, but maybe we can ask if other folks from out west can play on it Ok.[/quote]

Yeah I'll definitely try again! But I usually connect to servers based on San Francisco or San Jose since I'm in the bay area of Cali. I usually get a good 30-40 ping I noticed on that server I was pinging 100+ but it really felt like I was laggin shots. I'll jump in another day and see whats up