Nexuiz....Free FPS Game

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
genman
The Rail Man

Nexuiz....Free FPS Game

Post by genman »

Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

Yeah, this is a good game. I couldn't believe it, but it's actually potentially taxing on my graphics card if I crank up everything. I have an nvidia 8800 gt.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Game Updated to 2.5 as of 4/3/09: http://alientrap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4448
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

* Added several new weapons (on-hand Grappling Hook,....
D'oh! Missed it by that much! :wink:

Thanks for the info anyway. Might give it a shot sometime.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

In the set-up screen it say's for a key bind....off hand hook/jet pack !
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Ok, for the hell of it, I fired it up for a few minutes, and yeah, there is an off-hand grappling hook.

I admit that I haven't played it very long yet, so maybe I'm missing stuff..., but for the moment, I'm still wondering "Why?". I mean, why make this game? Because, _so far at least_ I'm not seeing enough of a game play difference between it and Quake/UT and/or already existing Quake/UT mods, to justify the amount of effort these folks are going through.

Don't get me wrong, I compliment them on how much they've accomplished, but so far anyway the end result game-play-wise seems to be pretty much already available, and perhaps even with better looking results.

I realize it's free, but older games like Quake and UT are pretty darn cheap.

Anyway, not trying to rain on their parade, just being honest and wondering why they are going through the trouble. Maybe it's more about the hobby of creating it, than it is about the actual end result?