Quake Live = no grapple

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Quake Live = no grapple

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, I finally got a Quake Live beta account, and alas... there is no option for a grapple in CTF (yes, this is what I expected, but now I've seen for myself) And as far as I know 0 mod support is planned for this game.

So..., I'll probably still play the game from time to time for fun, but... oh well.

The search for my next obsession continues.
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

Howdy Mark 8) Any word on a public release date?
Looks like it could be a pretty good time.

Anything new and exciting going on?

I've just been killing time with COD4, all the Orange Box stuff and my UT2004/UT3 clan [mXc] aka MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

No, I haven't seen any kind of word on public release dates. Seems like this thing has been in beta testing forever. Though I guess we can relate to that. :wink:

Not really anything new and exciting going on with me. Just working a lot, and waxing nostalgic about the ol' Chaos days.

Maybe I'll fire up UT2004 again sometime and look for the 'mxc' tags.
jb

Post by jb »

Hey Guys

how have you been? That does suck about no grapple but maybe they can figure out a way to add in mod support at some day. It would be cool to see some proxy minds trying to chase you over that Q3DM17 - The Longest Yard level :P

I am still working my way through a long list of games on the 360....
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Oh no,.... he's gone console!! (eek)

J/k of course. Always good to hear from you too, Jb. Hope things are going well.

And yeah, after playing some of that Quake Live, I am a bit disappointed it won't support mods. It feels pretty neat to play, nice and fast and 'in your face' type of stuff..., I think it would play a lot like the old Q2Chaos. Would have been great.

But, like you said, who knows? Maybe someday they'll add in that support.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Hi guys, and Happy New Year!......I think a little CUT2 reunion would be cool. Maybe dust off the old ERDW :) play a few rounds?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi & New Years stuff to you too genman.

Well, I don't have a server myself, but yeah, I wouldn't mind a round or two somewhere. Definitely gonna be rusty though, that's for sure.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hammerman wrote:Looks like it could be a pretty good time.
BTW... I do apparantly have a few of these 'friend invites' to use (not sure if that's a guaranteed entry, or just puts you on a list), if you want me to put one out to you.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

jb wrote:Hey Guys

how have you been? That does suck about no grapple but maybe they can figure out a way to add in mod support at some day. It would be cool to see some proxy minds trying to chase you over that Q3DM17 - The Longest Yard level :P

I am still working my way through a long list of games on the 360....
Chaos for Quake3???? Oh you can't be serious..... :twisted:
PYRO
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, technically it's Quake Live. :wink: But anyway,

1) it doesn't support modding
2) we still don't have a lead coder

it's just what I've been doing lately. Taking every game that I play, and imagining if it'd be cool for Chaos or not.

But having said that, sometimes it's entertaining just to take part in 'cloud talk'. And yeah, the Quake Live web interface is pretty cool, and it's a free game. So I can imagine that something like that, with mod support built-in, would be pretty sweet.

It'd be pretty sweet to use that site to browse mods, auto-install them, and then search for servers and/or friends running them. Invite friends to play them with you, forums to talk about them...
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I miss the days of chaos for q2......
PYRO
Wicad{MoO}

Post by Wicad{MoO} »

I too have been missing the Chaos days, can't seem to find any CUT2 servers anymore.

[FNF]Wicad a.k.a Wicad{MoO}.

Hi Flaggman. Happy New Year.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, howdy there Wicad, been awhile. That Moo tag sure brings back memories, eh? Those were good times. For both Q2 and UT.

Wicad, there are a handful of CUT2 servers running right now (although they seem to be mostly sitting empty), and at least one that's not running additional mutators...

ut2004://68.9.75.118:7777

It's labeled "Chaos Ver3.76 Running Standard and CBP Maps", and just for the hell of it I've been on it a couple/few times this past week, beating the living **** out of the bots. Something I hadn't done in quite awhile. Just FYI.
dmun

Post by dmun »

A cut2 reunion? not that would be cool, been about 3 years since I've played, givr or take, played abit recently, only bots to torment :roll:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I remember that name. :wink: Hello again dmun.

Well, I can't play every night, but if you guys do wanna play, just hit up that IP I posted every now and again, we just might run into each other.

Feel free to stop in our IRC channel sometime as well, try to drum up a game that way.