Arma2 anyone?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

1) Patience with a desire to play.
2) The $10 British Armed Forces addon.
3) Patience, determination to play.
4) The $10 Private Military Company addon.
5) Patience, and a determined desire to play.
6) This URL ... https://sites.google.com/site/rflaggtoc/home
7) Patience, and a strong desire to play.
8) Profit.
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

BAF and PMC which are 10 bucks each ... and we run the beta, and mods (called addons) with a launcher called Addon Sync ... which makes it sound so simple ... but we will help you out if you like the games, first of all ...
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

Curse You!!! You beat me!
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

What's new? :flaggrules
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Hey there, just popping in (again)...

I've pirated a full version just to try it out (standard procedure for me -- I don't trust demos), and I must say it is a *tad* more realistic than UT2004 ;)

Seriously though, I loved it and I'm definately getting the game (both arrowhead and the "original")... Problem is I can't find the damn thing anywhere O_O

Does anyone know if anyone sells the game along with the DLC's? Problem is, I don't trust DLCs much (I've had problems with downloadable content before, I just don't trust the publisher enough not to have a box to prove my purchase).

PS: Yes, I know I'm a bit late to reply.
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

I don't trust demos
In what respect?
I can't find the damn thing anywhere
Steam has sort of taken the world by storm, and they are reputable. I'd say you could trust Steam more than most online stores.
I've had problems with downloadable content before
Are you referring to Direct2Drive? I can't remember for sure but I don't think Direct2Drive has any sort of game update system, and they do movies too so they are nothing like Steam.

Give Steam a shot, Tim.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Steam? Are you joking?

That thing keeps crashing here, and besides I know two friends who have lost all their stuff on Steam oneday (and Valve wouldn't even reply to their messages).

And no, I meant addons; but speaking of games, I prefer boxed copies TYVM - for exactly the reasons outlined above (besides, what happens when Steam goes kaputt?).

EDIT:
Oh and, as to why I don't trust demos - it can (and has) happen(ed) that companies put only the best in demos, which is fine - but what if that "best" is the only *good* part of the game there is?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I just awoke from a very vivid dream about a Google street-view game of Arma2 (though in my dream we were referring to it as Infiltration).

Wearing some kind of surround-vision goggles. Jumping on trains, planes, etc. Enemies matched the locale.

I should get some kind of help for this ...condition.

(PS: Yes, I know I'm also bit late to reply. - I want to be on record in this thread as saying that not liking digital distribution is no excuse for pirating games. And, for the most part, Steam works great for me.)
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

I should get some kind of help for this ...condition.
Did you catch this?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Indeed I did. Weird, ain't it?

Now here's what I recommend for your Friday morning;

Stand up, get everything out of your way... give yourself some space to move around a bit... and then

Start <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY3g_c8QUas" target="_new">this </a>, and minimize.

Then start <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EaQIEWGc-Q" target="_new">this</a>, with the sound off.

And tell Buddy I said "Hi".
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Tim found this link;

http://www.game.co.uk/en/arma-x-anniver ... m=arma%202

I Still highly recommend this game. I'm working on another mission, and BIS is nearly set to release yet another patch for the game.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

I am with R.Flagg here. I still highly recommend it as well. Since apparently everyone is too shy to listen to us and buy the games and DLC, there is a legitimate free-to-play version of Arma 2 for you to audition, granted it is not compatible with the paid version. More info can be found here on PC Gamer's website.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Arma2 anyone?

Post by Tim »

For those interested, GOG has a completely DRM-free (or so they claim) Arma II here:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arma_2_c ... operations

They also have UT2004 (and UT99, plus Unreal 1 and Unreal 2, for that matter) if you're interested.