New Chaos project idea...

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
jetrell

New Chaos project idea...

Post by jetrell »

Greetings! I read that your team is looking for a new project. I would like to propose an idea. I’m a member of the Rune gaming community. We’ve been looking for a group of people that possess the skills and knowledge to make Rune 2 (or enhancements to Rune).
After playing ChaosUT2: Evolution and Chaos UT it’s obvious that your team has the required skills and knowledge. We also feel that your previous projects match very well to Rune.
In addition, members of our community would be more than willing to help with any project. We have people with a wide range of talent and ability but we lack your depth of experience with newer versions of the Unreal engine.
In case you haven’t heard of Rune. Rune is a Viking mythology melee combat game. Rune is an older game (released in 2001) based on the Unreal Tournament engine. Rune’s community has kept active (version 1.09 is now being staged) but we feel that it’s time to make an upgrade to a more advanced engine.
http://www.runegame.com/
http://www.humanhead.com/
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi.

When/if there is a rebirth of Chaos, whatever form it takes will depend entirely on the combined desires of the talented folks who choose to take on the effort.

There hasn't been a coder come forward with the level of skills that Jb brought to the team, or Frederico before him, for example. If/when they do, that person will speak to other Chaos folks who may still be around, and they will decide how to proceed.

However, to speak for myself, I find it highly unlikely that 'we' would undertake any new projects on a game/engine as old and outdated as Rune.

Not only that - again, speaking for myself - it's not even Chaos' 3rd person melee that I have a desire to see brought back to life. Me personally, I think the greatest potential that still exists for "Chaos", is to be a 1st person arena twitch shooter.

Hell, I still believe that -with proper funding- a Chaos game would blow away the latest efforts we've seen released in the market place (Que the "I have a dream" speech, or 'somewhere over the rainbow' song). The idea some folks have put forth that the market for such games no longer exists, is simply hogwash. It's like saying that Hollywood should stop making comedies, just because some Adam Sandler movie or some **** was released.

BTW - just outta curiosity... this isn't you is it? Hope not. http://www.runegame.com/vbf/showpost.ph ... stcount=36
jetrell

Post by jetrell »

Thanks for the reply. I asked because I knew you guys said you were looking for a new project and I’m a fan of your team’s previous work but I thought my chances were slim.
Nope, I’m not Titian but I read his thread. I think he was trying to motivate the Rune community into action.
Good luck with your future endeavors.