Borderlands - 3 strikes and it's out ... Next!

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Borderlands - 3 strikes and it's out ... Next!

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi. Haven't posted in awhile, but my quest for a decent PC game continues. My son pointed out Borderlands, as a possible contender, so I did some reading.

From what I've read, I believe the following to be true...

It's using the same failed Gamespy system as UT3 did - Strike 1

It has no bots for simulating multiplayer game play - Strike 2

It does not support dedicated servers. Like Huxley, it's based on listen servers only - Strike 3

I really do want to play games, really I do. But these devs just don't seem to have 'quality PC games' in mind anymore.

Next!

Not sure if how many are reading here anymore, but if you are, feel free to share your thoughts.
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

what all genres do you accept? and did you ever get your son prototype? :P

P.S. i haven't been on here in a long time ... just happened to catch your thread. pm me if you use any msgr programs ... you can't blame me for not wanting to sit in the dead irc channel anymore :P
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

genres? same as always I guess. still doing some of Arma2, here's a custom island that came out recently...

mostly offline .... making my own missions and enjoying 'em

as far as chatting, feel free to call me anytime. long distance charges are really a thing of the past aren't they? I personally haven't paid long distance charges in years now

peace!
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

For some single player action.....RED FACTION.....It'll keep you busy for hours.
Kruger

Post by Kruger »

Red Faction is good. Maybe Arkham Asylum too, perhaps? That's a fun game. Not sure if it's out on PC yet though.
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Borderlands - 3 strikes and it's out ... Next!

Post by neolith »

R.Flagg wrote:I really do want to play games, really I do. But these devs just don't seem to have 'quality PC games' in mind anymore.
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks that way.
Really would have loved to play Borderlands - but there's no way I am going to pay for something like that.
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–