Hey, remember me?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
deadxatthexscene

Hey, remember me?

Post by deadxatthexscene »

Probably not! No I'm kidding, maybe you do. I was that guy back in the day writing music for ChaosUT3 and trying to be a rock star. :-p

Well, actually, I was googling myself today (Who doesn't do that? Just in case, ya know) and came across my username at these forums which I can't believe are still up and functional AND active. So I decided to log in and see what's up! The last time I was here was over 2 years ago!

As for me? I graduated from Ex'pression College for Digital Arts in the SF bay area and recently moved down to Los Angeles. I've been working on a number of projects but I won't bore you with what I've done, I'd love for you to check out some of the stuff I worked on at my website www.ClevelandBledsoe.com.

I hope everyone on the team is doing well, still involved in the mod community, creating or playing games, staying safe and enjoying life. What are you playing these days? Feel free to drop me an email, hook up with me on facebook or linkedin or Steam or whatever. I love to keep in touch with people, it's a small world and you just never know... :)
deadxatthexscene

LOL! ^ My signature is still linked to my photobucket. I didn't know I still had a photobucket account...
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

Hell yeah I remember you! I've googled you a few times to find all your sites and see how you've progressed. Awesome stuff man!
Nothing exciting to report here, just playing/adminning in UT2004.
Good Times
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Really?

Post by Hermskii »

I PM'd you back Hammerman BTW.

So what is this about you still playing UT2K4? Are you doing Chaos stuff at all? I'm a couple of days away from running a UT24K Chaos Server! Want to give me a hand when I run in to issues? I've run one before about 4-6 years ago but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten plenty since then. I expect to get this one going without too much issue but I always love getting all of the help I can get!

By the way, I just recently finished building the basic stuff for my ChaosUT server for UT. It is in the DM tab of servers and is named:

House of Hermskii ChaosUT Server {HOH~CUTS}

I changed out the grapple hook for one I had in another mod. I prefer the one I have used since it works over the network and the player don't have to install the mod at all to play. Just start up your UT, make sure it has the 436 patch installed and connect. My server will send you all the files you need through my high-speed-redirect server! Let know what you think!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

Heya Herm, I tried your UT Chaos server and it was sweet! Bot skill was just right and the grapple worked great. Only things I would suggest are turning weapon stay on and maybe adding mapvote.

I'd be glad to help out with your CUT2 server and I might be able to draw a few players over to try it. The server I tend to is named [MXC] MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!! DM AM TAM Freon Mutant etc 64.34.195.33:7777
It draws a pretty good crowd every night and I know some of them will play Chaos. http://mxc.enjin.com/home
---Hamm---
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Yeppers!

Post by Hermskii »

I will do those things sir. I actually had them planned except the weapon stay part but that is good too so I'll set that part tonight. The Mapvote will happen later in the week. Were there any maps you recall working really well that I should install?

Thanks for the help to come with the 2004 version. That is going to be a real blast! I'll get a look at your server soon too! Peace.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hello again Cleveland!

Thanks for stopping by to say hi. That's a very impressive site you have there, some really nice work on display too.

I'm just sorry we never had the opportunity to really take advantage of such a huge talent. Just further evidence of what a shame it is that CUT3 never found it's coder... we obviously had some great talent lined up everywhere else... ah well, can't live in the past.

I hope you have many huge successes there in your new place!
deadxatthexscene

Good to hear from you guys! I just upgraded my system AND moved so I have no clue where my UT disks are (any of them) but I'd love to jump in and play some UT sometime. Maybe I'll redownload them on steam :)

Which by the way I added you guys on steam!
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Steam

Post by Hermskii »

I've heard of Steam forever but never really knew what it is or does. I thought is was like HEAT or one of those internet services for games etc. What is the best reason to be part of Steam?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

I'm not a big Steam user but I can "try" to explain.
It's a Store / Game organizer / Community kinda thing. You can download all sorts of games (usually at great prices) and connect with all your gaming buddies through instant messaging and group chat rooms.
There's probably more to it is anybody else wants to chime in.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Thanks

Post by Hermskii »

Thanks! I did get off of my rear-end and researched it. I know what it is, what is does and how it works now. Pretty cool! Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

Hey way long time no see, I figured I would see if Chaos UT2004 was still going. I am thinking from a vid. I saw on youtube it is. :)
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Deathstorm wrote:Hey way long time no see, I figured I would see if Chaos UT2004 was still going. I am thinking from a vid. I saw on youtube it is. :)
Well I'm friends with him and I'll notify him that his thread has been revived after ~9 months and 2 days :P
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Yeah!

Post by Hermskii »

Sure it is still going! Load it up and come on in and get in some rounds!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum