Looks like I might be back guys

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
MadFragger

Looks like I might be back guys

Post by MadFragger »

Well..with the economy in fairly bad shape i am now unfortunately only working like 36 hours a week!! which leaves me spare time to kill(will i be killing spare time or do i just have the spare time to kill old buddies) anyways..from what i hear UT2K3 is pretty good and some of you play it? should look nice on my brand spankin new GeForce :D contact me sometime, somehow..well frag it up a bit. It will take practice to get back in shape i havent played an FPS for a very long time..hah. oh well..this post pretty much reduced to me babbling about crap..so hope to ya soon with my name on top of frag list!
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

We play a bunch of UT2k3... server is listed under Chaos UT section, both UT1 and UT2003 servers where you can find someone sometime playing somemap. Welcome back... fresh meat is always welcome... :D

FurrySound{Moo}
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

if i get my ChaosDM skills back we'll see whos freshmeat? muahaha..just kidding..i left work early today because im going to the Bruins game..i figure ill go to Best Buy and pick up UT2K3 because its like 5 mins away from where i work. I forgot Best Buy doesnt open at a reasonable time..d'oh..maybe ill pick it up tonight.
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

Hiya Mad ! :) Welcome Back

Good to see ya! Long time, man.

UT2K or good old ChaosDM, it'll be great to see ya on the servers :)

MoooOOOooo!
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

thanks loth..i missed all you guys :) i think ill just be doing UT2K3 tho..im STILL sick of oldass q2 :)
Trixie{Moo}
Q2Chaos News Master

Post by Trixie{Moo} »

Hi Mad & welcome back! :)

Well, if you ever decide to come back to Q2 Chaos with MooTown's setup, you'll feel like it's brand new.

We're at IP # 192.216.112.20:27910

--We offer many maps that weren't available years ago. I must plug "Maric". He makes great maps & they are a blast to play. We have about 20 of his great maps on our server. :wink:

-- We've also modified the settings to make it more fun to play. You can d/l the maps, in zip format...from www.mooclan.com It'll be ten times faster than d/ling them off the server.

Be looking for ya if you ever do decide to give it another go. :wink:
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

modified the settings? is it "old school chaos" start with bow and ex-bolts? i miss those days..there used to be like 5 of those servers and were all full...ahh..memories
HasBen{Moo}

Post by HasBen{Moo} »

Hi Mad

There isn't any big guns at startup, but you do get... the sword, 5 hand grenades, chainsaw and crossbow (but no arrows, you must pickup your ammo)

The damage on our EXP arrows is 130..... thats a one shot kill weapon (but you must hit them, very little splash damage 80 )

Basically it's a lowfat, easy on the cheese setup... thats why there are ammo limits on homers, proxies, buzzsaws, lasergrenades and both turret ammo's.

It's set that way cause it's kinda like a type of handicap.... the players that die more often get more of the no-aim type weapons. (because they are given at startup)

There are two things missing... but they are not weapons.... the invisibility and jetpack.

The jetpack is removed cause of a bug with it, when picked-up the quad spawn point (where it came from) stops working.

The problem with invisibility is another quad spawn point problem.... when you ban the jetpack and grapple (given at startup) you almost always get invisibility and no quad ( maybe 10 to 1 ratio ).... we had too many maps where invisibility was always available.... a player could stay invisible most of the map by running the right loop. (too cheesy)
Last edited by HasBen{Moo} on Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

sounds pretty sweet man..maybe ills top by just for old times sake :)
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

I sharpen my trusty ChaosDM Grappling Hook® in anticipation! :twisted: :D

MoooOOOOooo!!
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

I think I saw a MadFragger on Moo'vin Hoovin tonight... :)

FurrySound{Moo}
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

it wasnt me actually but i was showing a friend the game and he wa susing my name. in fact hes the one that found Moo'vin not me..hah..i gotta find it again and add it to favorites
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Its posted on this forum, but here's the info so you don't have to hunt it down...

UT 2003 - IP 66.153.113.18 (www.furrysound.net for maps if you want to pre-download them, although the server is redirected for quick compressed downloads)

UT CUT v1.1 - IP 66.153.113.24

FurrySound{Moo}
MadFragger

Post by MadFragger »

thanks man