BETA Testing for ChaosUT2: Evolution

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

BETA Testing for ChaosUT2: Evolution

Post by R.Flagg »

[Edited 062703] We've got all the testers we need for the moment, thanks for all the replies.]

Well, we are again in need of more help with beta testing this mod, and so I am currently accepting requests to join the beta testing team. While the guys that create content for Chaos are quite good, it takes a whole lot of testing to help them maintain the level of quality that fans of Chaos are used to seeing.

However, let me warn you! Beta testing is more like work than play! Many times we have to do boring stuff over and over to find and/or confirm bugs. It is not at all just logging on and playing the latest build of CUT2.

FurrySound provides a private test server that is up pretty much 24/7, and testers can log on and play whenever they want. However, we have two 'official' sessions each week, Wed and Sat nights at 8pm EST, and hang for about an hour.

Beta testers are required to show up to at least one of those sessions each week. (For folks from across the sea, Deus sometimes does an earlier session on Sat nights, and if you make that one instead, that is acceptable.)

Why this requirement? Because there are many bugs, or suspected bugs, that I need real humans to help me confirm. As much as I like the bots in UT2003, they don't always listen to me when I ask them to do stuff. So having folks testing alone at all kinds of strange hours is fine, but I also need folks there with me to help do this kind of stuff.

Please only contact me if you can commit to at least one of those days, for an hour or more.

I have not much to offer in return for your services. I do list all beta testers on the credits page in the manual that ships with the mod. And maybe the biggest attraction for some, is the fact that you get to help shape the mod as it's being made. All of your comments and feedback are valuable, and many times fresh ideas are found this way.

That's all I can offer.

I expect only freaks like me would be interested, but I know they are out there somewhere. And it's a plus if you are familiar with earlier versions of our mod. :wink:

Please respond via email or PM if you wish to give it a shot.

BTW- I encourage any former testers to return. If you did not have time then, but you do now, then please get in touch with me. You guys who are already familiar with what we are doing would be most valuable to us.

Thanks,
R.Flagg
Lead Tester for Chaotic Dreams
rflagg@mooclan.com