UT2 and Voodoo

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

UT2 and Voodoo

Post by R.Flagg »

I have a 16 bit Voodoo 3 3500. Been worried that it won't even run the UT2 demo.

Then some dude from Epic says

"Voodoo3 and Voodoo5 will work with our game"

and

"Let's not forget the ultimate card to play UT on, when it shipped, was a 16-bit Voodoo3 3500. It looked GREAT on that card and UT2003 looks pretty good on it too."

So, Voodoo will run the game. Excellent.

I don't care it won't be the 'ultimate card' to play on anymore, long as I can still play. There's always time(& $) for upgraes later.
SouthPaw{MoO}

Post by SouthPaw{MoO} »

also said
"We can't guarantee everyone who has a Voodoo3/5 card is going to be able to get the game working nor can we guarantee that the game is going to run well on their system."
http://www.ina-community.com/forums/sho ... ost2327732
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yeah, I saw that too. But I took that as the standard disclaimer. But just the announcement that it will work on Voodoo's at all was a big relief for me. I'll take what I can get.

Now, stop trying to bring me down SouthPaw!

Lefties, humppph :wink:
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

the support for glide and opengl was going to be limited in the inital release, ive heard.
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
jb

Post by jb »

Folks,

I had a chance to fly in and talk with the Epic folks over the weekend. UT2003 will be D3D only. If Daniel has time he may go back and write OpenGL patch. The game will run on a V3 but it will be slow. Should be fast enough for you to get the feeling. But they have some neat special effects (like shaders) that probably will not show up on the V3. Plus it wont look very good as V3 are still locked into 16bit color for games. However you should be able to see what its like, play it. And then maybe plan an upgrade to get the best effects you can.
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

So,

is that the side of your face in that pic Joe?

http://planetunreal.com/sas/epic/2.jpg

And if so, is that your best side? :wink:
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

hehe, I was wondering that too.
MrG{DRGN}

Post by MrG{DRGN} »

:( :( I supose then it won't run on my voodoo 3 2000 pci either.... bumage.... I get almost twicw the framerate withthat than my TNT2 card

MrG{DRGN}
MrG{DRGN}

CNY CHAOS
offline:
MrG's AGGRAVATION
BETA MOD SERVER
offline:
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

can anyone say GeForce 4 Ti series?
NVIDIA makes the best GPUs out there, and there are benchmarks to prove it. =) http://www.3dmark.com there may be new cards out there, but all three GF4 Ti chips were at the top of theiri "top 10 most powerful cards list" thats updated regularly. I myself have a Ti4200, which when i got about 3 weeks ago was the third best card out there =)
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!