Problem with keyboard in UT

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Omega9

Problem with keyboard in UT

Post by Omega9 »

I'm running XP Pro on my system and for some reason the keyboard will stop responding in UT - I can still alt-tab back to windows, but I can't change weapons with the keys (can with wheel on the mouse though), can't move but can still fire/jump. After about 30 secs - minute of this UT will crash back to windows.

This happens randomly - It can do it in the first 5 minutes of a game or I can play for 2 hours with no problems when it happens again. This happens on different maps, different mods.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix for it?
jb

Post by jb »

No, I have never heard of it. But next time when it happens, send me your unrealtournament.log (in your unrealtournament/system dir) to be at jb@planetunreal.com and I can take a look to see if there is anything out of place...
Jb
Omega9

Post by Omega9 »

I've changed over to using opengl instead of direct3d for video and that seems to have made the game run more stably, but how can I increase the brightness using opengl? - I was just playing on ctf-diamondsword and I couldn't see any of the other players/bots at the other end of the bridge because it was too dark

Update
I downloaded the beta opengl driver from unreal.epicgames.com and I now have brightness control
jb

Post by jb »

Glad its working for you!!!
Jb
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

i have had this problem occur as a result of map errors this was happening for a while in a map i was orking on, then after i changed some thigns it was back to normal. not sure what was triggering it though.
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!