Chaos help, cannot run

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
happyjuice

Chaos help, cannot run

Post by happyjuice »

Yeah, I used the umod installation and now whenever I run unreal tournament it just says "chaos ut" and plays jammin techno music, I try pressing everything but I cannot get past this screen without ctrl+alt+del ing

So not only am I missing out on what seems to be a great mod, but I can no longer play unreal tournament

any help??
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yeah, I used the umod installation and now whenever I run unreal tournament it just says "chaos ut"
Ok, does this mean you ran the desktop umod? Do you mean you get a full screen ChaosUT logo when you start game instead of the old UnrealTournament logo? Thats what the desktop umod is for. It does not install the game.

The standard ChaosUT umod will not put a logo on your desktop, but will install the game.

But.., even then, I cannot explain why the desktop umod would cause your game to freeze. I've tested it, it is working for me, and I've not heard of this before.

How about looking in your UT/system directory, see if you have a bunch of ChaosUT files. Just wanna know if you've actually installed the mod, or just the desktop.
happyjuice

Post by happyjuice »

I'm pretty sure I installed it, but there no folder for it like a tactics ops and u4e foldier, where should I look for files
jb

Post by jb »

happy,

sorry for your issues. There are no folders that ChaosUT will install other than in your help folder were we place the manual. Please try to install it one more time off the UMOD. On thing you could do is make a back up copy of your Unrealtournament.ini file. Then remove it. This will load the generic one. You WILL have to reset some of the game settings but it should fix this issue. Remember to back up the old one first...
Jb
happyjuice

Post by happyjuice »

hmm, so if it is succsefully installed it will always run the chaos ut logo instead of the anioing lady talking about ut?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

yes, thats correct.
happyjuice

Post by happyjuice »

Well, I reinstalled ut, and know it runs but I can only find one chaosut server, and it has a password for it, is there a list of server names or something
jb

Post by jb »

happy,

at this moment no as that one is for bug testing. But we are working to get some public servers set up. I hope to have some very very soon. Sorry :(
Jb
craftyjr

Post by craftyjr »

I have installed both the desktop umod and the chaos ut umod and i too got the Chaos UT screen. I tryed uninstaling the desktop mod with the setup.exe but then it gives me an error saying that it cant find CUT-logo-map.unr file. I would reinstall but i got a whole bunch of umods already installed and i dont want to redownload and reinstall all of the umods. Is there a way to keepthe umods i aldready installed but still reinstal ut.
jb

Post by jb »

Jb
craftyjr

Post by craftyjr »

Thanks jb
jb

Post by jb »

np, did it help?
Jb