ChaosUT Slowmo cam?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
hawkofwar

ChaosUT Slowmo cam?

Post by hawkofwar »

For some reason i have found the slowmo cam to be really glitchy. I've had times when it hasn't worked at all, times where its worked but didn't show the kill, and then times when its work but afterwards it didn't turn off (causing the maps afterward to be in slow motion which is really annoying :? ). With the final glitch, I was playing with bots when the match leader died and got his final kill via a turret while he was dead, if that helps locate the problem.
jb

Post by jb »

Hawkofwar,

sorry your finding it glitchy. Yes we will try to make improvements for it next time. The slowdown on the next map is the really biggie here. We could not fine the proper serries of events to reproduce this after several days of testing and it only happend on one of the test systems. Do you remember what conditions you can cause it to happen? Also when it happens you can restore the speed by addjusting the gamespeed slider.

The way UT is designed it really hard to catch the exact time of death. So you may not see it all of the time. I am trying to find other ways around it. Also I am trying to find a better way to focus on the death, instead of showing the winner so we show the loser?

Also can you explian more of what you ment by it has not worked at all? Just trying to find a way to repeate it on my system so I can fixem :)

Thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by jb on Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jb
hawkofwar

sorry I can't really be more specific

Post by hawkofwar »

I do know that it was a bot that won the match on a FFA 30 frag, 10 min match, in fact the bot was a Chrek by total chance. :D I do know that the bot was dead when the game ended becuase he died just a second or 2 before he got the last kill, and bots usually take upwards of 5 seconds to respawn. That's really I'm certain of, sorry for not being able to tell you more.

As for the times it didn't work, it would show Slowmo Cam at the bottom of the screen but it would act just like a normal match ending, it just freezes the match winner in the last position he was in. I'm not certain but I think I only ran across this when a match hit the time limit.

I hope you guys can figure this out cause I think it is an awsome feature when it works. Can't wait till I see what you guys come up with for UT2003.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Do you have XMaps installed on your system?
hawkofwar

that's kinda scary ;)

Post by hawkofwar »

yes, and I was using it

I guess you had a problem in beta testing with it.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Not sure yet.

Yes, I've seen this bug in testing, but only on my 2nd install.

I have one installation which is nothing but Chaos, and on this I've not yet seen the bug.

I have another installation, where I have all my other favorite mods and muts combined with Chaos. This is where I've seen the bug.

So, I don't think it's strictly a Chaos bug, I think it's when combining Chaos with something else. Might be XMaps, but can't be sure just yet.

Thanks for the feedback.
hawkofwar

Hmmm....

Post by hawkofwar »

I've been using Xbots and all the relics as well.
hawkofwar

uh oh..... new problem....

Post by hawkofwar »

I just tried loading CUT:Deathmatch without Xmaps and when it started up it was already running in slowmo. The I disabled all other mutators are restarted but it was still running in slowmo. I'm ganna reinstall CUT to see if this fixes it (I hope it does). :cry:
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

Did you try moving the slider back to normal as Jb suggested?
Gasman
jb

Post by jb »

you also can open up your unrealtournament.ini file and look for this:

[Engine.GameInfo]

then set gamespeed back to 1.00

GameSpeed=1.000000

Both of these worked.
Jb
hawkofwar

Post by hawkofwar »

hehe I kinda missed that, thx
hawkofwar

Things are getting worse :(

Post by hawkofwar »

Ok, I checked my gamespeed and noticed that its been set to 100 the entire time. I also reinstalled CUT (with the full installation) but the problem presistes :( . It's only CUT:DM mode that running slow.... (and I wanna have a functioning slowmo cam :cry: )
jb

Post by jb »

rename your unrealtournament.ini to something else (unrealtournament_ini.back) and try again. That should fix it. I am sorry for your issues we have never seen this exact problem before :(
Jb
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

Ok, I checked my gamespeed and noticed that its been set to 100 the entire time. I also reinstalled CUT (with the full installation) but the problem presistes . It's only CUT:DM mode that running slow.... (and I wanna have a functioning slowmo cam )
So your saying when you went into your Unrealtournament.ini and found gamespeed= it was set at 1.0?
Was this before or after you reinstalled CUT
Gasman
hawkofwar

hehe

Post by hawkofwar »

I'm not to suprized, for some strange reason i have a bad habbit of finding them for some reason.... I don't know why exactly, I never do anything to stupid with stuff.