Replace Weapons

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
craftyjr

Replace Weapons

Post by craftyjr »

Is there a way to replace all of the origanal UT weapons with all of the chaos UT weapons?? i am asking cause i havent descoverd it on my own and i think it would be cool to replace all of the weapons with the cool ones in ChaosUT.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Actualy, there is a setting in the Version1.0 ChaosUT config that will replace insted of rotate the weapons. This wont get rid of all of the Origional UT weapons as there are some of them that we felt were perfect just the way they were. If ya have a problem Finding it let me know :wink:
craftyjr

Post by craftyjr »

If I may, I suggest if you make another version of CUT that you include an option to replace all of the origanal UT weapons.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

craftyjr wrote:If I may, I suggest if you make another version of CUT that you include an option to replace all of the origanal UT weapons.
Hehe, well...., maybe not.

I mean, it's great that you think so, this is good. But man.., if you had any idea how much work and how much time this group of hooligans has spent on one version, I'm sure you'd understand.

And I also agree with that handsome LoQ, sometimes weapons just don't need replaced.
craftyjr

Post by craftyjr »

I do do some programing in VB and i do know that progaming is hard and frustrating. But I agree, some weapons are nice and don't need to be replaced, but I personaly think that a little change would be nice.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Agreed. Viva Le Difference.

Ever try StuffSwapper? Lets you mix and match weapons from different mods and muts into one game.

Fun for variety.

http://planetunreal.com/mou/
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

the more simple reason why not all of the weapons are replaced is because we didnt have 12 weapons appropriate to assign to all of the weapon slots. to replace all 12 weapons with (14 if u count double enforcers and the chainsaw), we could bump the turret launcher or the vortex off number 0, but that would be lame since both of those weapons are extremely powerful like the redeemer, and as such should be as rare. the replace option will replace all the ones weapons we have with all the ones we deemed should be replaced. (the shock rifle is very chaotic-ish with the combo shot ability so im glad it's still there in replace mode)
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

I prefer to play with cycling weapons, greater weaponry and more chaos you can cause. ;)
One of the best things I appreciate is that the CUT weapons fit perfect with the standard weapons, it never gives you the impression that it doesn't fit together, especially in weapon balance...
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan