CUT v1.1

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Bruce Slater

CUT v1.1

Post by Bruce Slater »

If you're still developing, then please listen to me!

1.) Claw: the secondary fire has no difference between the primary fire
- that sucks!!! You should replace that with blend grenades -
that would be great!!!!
Bruce "Rampage" Slater, the escalating Future Extreme with a freakin' , tweakin' skill!!!
Classification: Futurtist, working on himself,
Most favourite Game: UT with CUT-Modification
UT configs. : 1024x768x16Bit x 2xAA,3dfx Glide
Using A3D/EAX
jb

Post by jb »

Bruce,

we hear you and will do something different. It will probably have to use the same model that we have now for the shell as all of our model people are working on ChaosUT2:Evolution now.
Jb
Jan-Pieter
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Jan-Pieter »

After you've shot with the flak2 it gets autoloaded with another flakgrenade. That limits the possibilities.
Bruce Slater

That's true!

Post by Bruce Slater »

Sh*t, that's true!
Ok, I've another idea (my ideas will never end :lol: )

The secondary fire should shoot flak grenades at very high speeds
(what I mean is the same for the secondary fire of the flak2-proxylaunch-
er - or like the primary fire of the shock rifle). The effect?
Well it would be easier to aim & hit!!! And because now the flak2's second-
ary fire would now have an effective difference between it's primary fire
and it wouldn't be BORING!

And the blend grenades? Are they out ? Of course not!

You can develop a NEW Flak with blend grenades for CUT v.1.1 - but
JB already told that to me so I'm sure we'll get a new stuff, or not? :?
(RocketsUT from Wormbo brought me to this ideas)

And the Utility Gun .. I 'm not the only one he told you guys the Utility Gun
is less effective and you should increase the damage rate at firing to 40%
and the time of the freeze effect to 5 seconds ... some other CUT-Users
also said that - and that's somethin' what you could change yet... only a
small change in the source code anddddddd ... bingo!

Bastard sword.... my suggestions to the bastard sword'll come 2-3 hours
after this topic...

Thank's, Bruce
Bruce "Rampage" Slater, the escalating Future Extreme with a freakin' , tweakin' skill!!!
Using A3D/EAX
Jan-Pieter
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Jan-Pieter »

What is a blend grenade?

I was thinking of making it bounce once. Then you can shoot it via walls and confuse players by alternating fire1 and fire2 :?

Would have to think about shooting it at high speed but that's an option too.
Bruce Slater

sorry man!

Post by Bruce Slater »

Sorry... I ehhm , mixed it with a german language.... so I mean...

Flash Grenades!! (Now you know what I mean :lol: )

hehe - sorry it was a grammatical mistake - I used a german name for it!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Using A3D/EAX
Jan-Pieter
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Jan-Pieter »

We'll introduce a flashgrenade in ChaosUT2.
Bruce Slater

Ok, but...!

Post by Bruce Slater »

Ok, for a flash grenade it's too late I think, but I strongly recomment you
to change that with the secondary fire mode - like that I said. It would be
great for the second. fire if you let the flak greandes race like the
flak2-proxylauncher's secondary fire - which fires the proxy's very fast.

Another thing is the thing with the utility gun: increase the damage and
increase the freeze time of an hit enemy!

For the bastard sword you should develop new special moves (also for
UT-2003) , which can be bind to key - play Tekken Tag Tournament with
YOSHIMITSU :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

And the lightning gun (I mean the UT2k3 sniper rifle) - I hope you don't
forget to develop the Chaos Sniper Rifle series - because lightning is un-
usual for a sniper rifle - but "we'll see how the game'll be"
You can think about a "laser sniper rifle" , a grenade

I have another weapon ideas for ut2k3 - but not here to show
them :wink:

Important: Make the weapon models/effects more realistic and detailed
(Use Pixel Shader, Detail Textures , Bump-Maps etc. , 5000+ polygons)
than Epic - that will surprise CUT newcomers and increases the CUT image
more another time - because graphical quality becomes more and more
important
Using A3D/EAX
Coupe=UTK=

Post by Coupe=UTK= »

last I noticed, even though they do the same, the flak2 primary and secondary look different when it fires... with the primary, the claw opens a bit, but with secondary, it doesn't open at all... (might be the other way around, since it's been a while since I watched it)
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

I played this mod the very first day I got Unreal Tournament for PC. I really like this mod and would like to add a few ideas of my own.

Sword: I think it should be in slot one and not two

Crossbow: I think the normal allows should be replaced with some other kind of allow like a thunder allow that can hit a target as fast as a bullet. The normal allows are not as fun as the other two allows are and I think some new kind of allow should be added to make it a little bit more fun.

Proxy :proxy: : They seem ok, maybe the pick-up of them should look different, because it always shows six bombs and there could be more or less if picked up from someone.

Chaos Sniper Rifle: I think it should be called the CUT Sniper Rifle. The normal bullets seem ok as the go off walls like the blades of the Ripper do. I'm not sure what the Sniper Rifle should shoot besides the RPB rounds, but maybe something to replace the normal ronuds to make it more fun.

The Claw: Like someone said, the alt fire of the Claw with flak should be like it is with proxy, have more range, but reload slower.

Cas 12: Once again, normal ammo not so much fun. Look, I know I said this for three weapons and I am not saying I don't like them or anything, I just think the normal rounds are not as fun as the other rounds. I think the normal rounds should be wide shot rounds. Maybe the clip size should also be changed for the AP and E shells.

Utility Gun: As some other people said, it seems kind of weak sometimes. I think for the fireballs, if you press alt fire and normal fire, it should shoot one big fireball (Costing about five or more fireballs). For the alt fire of air only, you should be able to hold it down to do more damage, while keeping the puch range the same. The ice rounds seem ok, but should the max ammo be 50 and not 46? You should also be able to jump with it like you can with the Impact Hammer, but without taking damage. I think this can already be done, but I am not sure.

Last Man Standing: The bots in last man standing use the E Crossbow all the time. It should be made so the bots use other weapons too and not the E crossbow all the time. Also a option for Chaos only weapons should be added, because it also gives you all the UT weapons.

Armor Shares: It should change places with the health vials like someone said. The Armor Shares should not be in the place of the Sword because you only get about 10 armor, maybe replace it with health packs or something.

Grabbing Hook: There should be a option to set the range of the hook by %. You could set it to 10% so people would have to be real close to hook onto something. 300% you would be able to hook across canyons.

That is all my ideas for now. I don't think everything will make it into patch 1.1 seeing as that is a lot, but I wanted to get it out of my mind.
Coupe=UTK=

Post by Coupe=UTK= »

I, and my LAN friends all think that the CAS12 AP ammo is way too powerful... it's as good as a flak burst, but has good long range... I think the spread should be increased more since the damage is greater... also, the explosive ammo is kinda wide spread... don't know how many times I've fired it at medium to close range and not even hit...

of course, these are only the opinions of a few... but, due to our opinions, with the help of the U4e mod, the CAS12 isn't in our games all the time... I kinda agree with my friends, but it isn't as big a deal to me... of course, they don't play online so they aren't up to online skill levels ;)
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

There is one more thing I forgot to add in my last post, there should be a hotkey to change between ammo for the same weapon easier.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Excellent. Thank you guys. There is a lot to read here.

One thing that I think is tough is trying to maintain balance with the weapons. It takes a lot of thought and much testing. But I have to be honest, it seems to me that many times folks want weapons to be more powerful than what I feel they should be. ( not many requests have been for weapons to be less powerful )

One example is the spread on the exp shotgun shells. We felt given the power of the shell, the spread was part of the balance. Otherwise, in our opinion, it was just too much.

And normal arrows aren't meant to be much more powerful than an enforcer. However, to make up for that, you can use the scope with it, something not available on the enforcer.

We are currently testing a version with slightly more powerful ice and fire. Slightly! This weapon is difficult to balance as well. Remember, if you get shot by a fireball, you do not just take the damage from contact, you also are now hindered with the flames on your screen, and more damge as the fire burns. The flames on your screen are part of the package. It makes it harder for you to see and aim for a few secs. This must be taken into account. If the damage was much greater, and the flames block your view, than I worry that it's tooo much.

So, anyway. Yes! We Want Your Thoughts. Please continue to share them. But also please keep in mind, normal UT weapons vary from enforcer to redeemer, and we also want to do the same. We do not wish to have every weapon carry RL type power.

Well, there is one up there I must comment on;
There should be a option to set the range of the hook by %. You could set it to 10% so people would have to be real close to hook onto something. 300% you would be able to hook across canyons
Good Sir, again, I am grateful you have come out to talk to us. Please continue to do so. However, I feel it's only fair to inform you, that any further changes to the ChaosUT Grappling Hook, would result in absolute anarchy breaking out in the high rise suites of our office complex. There would be hell to pay, and it woud not be pretty.

Basically, I love my hook, and I'm willing to fight to defend it. Gonna have to take me out to get changes there. I can be found easily enough on a Chaos server when you're ready.

:lol:
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

There were a few more things I forgot to add. I remember back in Beta 4 I did not like the fact how there were only two weapons that you could have an arena match for (Sword and Crossbow). I was happy that you could have an arena match for any weapon in the new version (1.0), but you should be able to pick what type of ammo you get for the weapon. The crossbow is the only weapon so far that you can pick what type of ammo you get or have all three types of allows. You should be able to get Claw Flak, Claw Melee or Claw Proxy :proxy: . Sniper Rifle normal or Sniper RPB, Utility Gun air only, fire or ice and same thing with the shotgun. Have any kind of ammo type for any weapon just like the crossbow. Maybe the Crossbow with normal allows could be a respawm weapon as it kind of fits in with the Enforcer. It seems to me the Enforcer is underpowered and looking for other weapons is not fun everytime you die and slows down the action. I know in UT 2003 they are putting in the Assault Rifle to fix the problem. I understand no new weapon models can be made at this point for UT. Maybe make a slightly more powerful version of the Enforcer or respawm with the crossbow. Could that problem in Last Man Standing also be fix so bots won't always use the E crossbow?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Viper, Coupe, and Bruce;

Please do not think a lack of detailed responses to each idea means we are not paying attention. We are.

However, others, like myself, work all day, have families, yadda yadda.

But these posts aren't going anywhere, and when I, or we, have day off, more time, etc. then we come back to them, reread them, and usually end up talking about them on the beta server or beta forums.

Just wanted to let you know that we are paying attention, but sometimes, especially this kind of stuff, which requires much thought and debate, sometimes it takes awhile.

Anyway, not rude, not ignoring you, just busy.

I will most likely take some time to relax by fraggin on Paradigm tonight, any of you guys can come out that'd be great. The IP is on the Chaos site, server page.