Dedicated Server setup with more options.

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Zigian

Dedicated Server setup with more options.

Post by Zigian »

Hello. First I'd like to say that this mod is awesome. Now that's done, my question. My friends and I have lan parties regularly and run dedicated servers. The problem is the servers only have cheap 2mb vid cards and they obviously can't start a server by entering the game. So we run them dedicated. I have the dedicated server going but in the webadmin you can't access if the map cycles regular weaps or cpp to start. Is there a way to set this in the command line when the server loads. I looked around and couldn't find anything adressing this. Thanx.

Zig
jb

Post by jb »

Ok what you can do is this. Change the start up line U use to start the server and add this to the end of it:

-ini=OurServer.ini

Then your OurServer.ini can have just the [Chaosgames.ChaosUT]
section. Copy and paste the one from your PC (the [ChaosGames.ChaosUT] found in your ChaosUT2.ini) over, then just change the options in a text editor. Its not pretty but it should work. Let us know how it went!
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

But just to be clear.... something is amiss, to cause him to need this fix, right? Because those options are in fact a normal part of the web admin of dedicated servers that aren't started thru the game (like our servers, Furry's servers).

Unless I'm missing something here...? Which I often do, but I wanna understand what's going on.
jb

Post by jb »

Zigian,

sorry I may have miss-understood you the first time. Are you looking for a way to adjust the CPP/AR guns in the game? There is no cycle for this option, its one or the other. Epic has some native code that got us stuck into major weapon loops when we had the CPP and the AR in the game at the same time. Thus the easier way to fix it was not having them in at the same time....

Flagg,
I think I got off tanget with the "how to run a dedicated server with its own ini" thing. Sorry to cause the confusion. The only time I can think of not using the Webadmin is when you to change the options not in the GUI.
Jb