An idea for melee duel...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
atro city

An idea for melee duel...

Post by atro city »

I was thinking about how duel could be more fair and I thought of something: why not make it so that there's an option so that when you kill someone, your health is replenished to 100(like vampire, but better)? This does two useful things:

1. Makes for more fair duels instead of lopsided ones due to HP.
2. Gives people another incentive to go out and kill somebody instead of hiding in the shadows when they get hurt.

Just throwing a bone out there.
Tuna_

Post by Tuna_ »

The only problem is that it might start up something called Predator. When someone gets damaged he will run and wait for another person to get damaged a lot. Then he jumps in and steals someones kill so that he gets healed. This also could cause a problem with heartbeats. If someone has a fast one everyone is going to chase him around so that they can heal. This could be a good mutator though.
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Part of being good is minimizing damage to yourself while dishing out the damage to others, so by that right you can still beat the guy that avoids battle until everyone but one person is dead, as long as you're better than him.

Also, most players count by kills and not wins. You don't get more kills by letting other people do the killing.
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Told u that it wouldnt work cos of the kill steals;) na good old vamp works best in duels

~ The 0men ~
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Also i have an idea 4 a mtator but i want to make it myself.... no1 would be able to camp, if som1 knowns where a good mutator tutorial is plz show me:)

~ The 0men ~
Tuna_

Post by Tuna_ »

ugh.. off topic but your avatar creeps me out. I remember that movie and that guy was messed up.
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

That would be Pinhead.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Shadowstar wrote:That would be Pinhead.
yeah,just after eating dinner you check the forum and see that avatar,quite annoying
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Heh sorry

~ The 0men ~
jb

Post by jb »

TBH I think the team wants to keep duel pure (meaning not changing it much). However with Relics, the Vampire one, you get the same effect.

My best guess is to try to find a mut that does something simular. Duel has a community around it which is great. But right now its small and often has people that want to go in different directions (increase this damage up, increase that down, ect) so we don't really want change anything ATM. But we do want to support you guys as well...so its something we dont have any good answers for...
Jb