Ammo cycling and grappling hook

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
fooftheweasle

Ammo cycling and grappling hook

Post by fooftheweasle »

This is a bug i've noticed (i'm running Chaos UT 1.0 under mac os x/9, but its been happening since i got it with the GOTY package) How come the ammo doesnt cycle with the weapon when you have cycling on (Like crossbow/shock rifle ammo doesnt seem to cylce very well or at all for me)? Is it supposed to happen? And even when i have replace on, the plasma ammo is still there, along with the minigun ammo, instead of something to go with the utility gun or CAS12 ammo. Also, when i play games over my lan, the other two comps (not the host), cant use the grappling hook, even if they have it bound to a key.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi,

The ammo should rotate just fine, so you're right, something's not quite right for you.

These things sometimes happen if you are running other mods and/or mutators at the same time, most notably the volatile ammo mutator. It just causes problems.

About the other clients and the grapple, could this be an issue with server packages? Make sure you have all the CUT lines in your server packages list.

If these don't help, come on back with more details.

Like, did they bind the grapple using the CUT menu, or manually? If so, what bind is it? Do they install Chaos, or d/l it from your server? Are you running gametype or mutator, other mods, etc.
fooftheweasle

Post by fooftheweasle »

i think it might've been the volatile ammo mod's fault, since it worked fine after that, but i havent yet had a chance to test the grapple thing out yet (i added into the server packages just to be sure). Although the installs on all 3 computers are the same (i copied the whole install onto each comp, exact same settings). The keys were binded through the Chaos UT mod menu, and they are in the user.ini file now (so they did get written)..