Another idea topic

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Another idea topic

Post by Tim »

Well, first I wanted to put this into a reply to Duke's post (you can find it here: http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=5815), but I changed my mind. Use these or not, it's your choice. Of course, I'd love to see the C.U.T.T.E.R. or MUG Advanced Weapon Option (AWO), for example. Or mabye we could make a mutator for that :P
But if anyone's thinking of seriously makin a mutator for this, I hope he's a coder. And a good one.

Ideas:
-Melee: (ammo) fire/poison/(ice?) - uses CGL ammo (distruptor = ice)
-CPP: (ammo) Proximity grenades (kinda like grenade launcher ones, except these go off when a player is near, and they're alot weaker than the GL ones. And they have a short life, say, 2 or 3 secs)
-MUG: (AWO) nanobots - MUG in fire mode would launch repair nanobots, MUG in ice mode would launch heal nanobots (which would slow the player down). That way you don't need the link gun anymore!
-C.U.T.T.E.R.: (ammo) titanium/lead blades - slower than normal ones, and they don't break, but explode on secondary fire, like RIPPER in UT99
(AWO) plasma mode: all ammo explodes in a blast on impact, splits in 2 on collision (about 15-30 degrees apart) and bounces off the wall. Secondary fire would make it blow up on impact, releasing lots of hot particles. How does it reach the plasma state? By rotating the blades very very very fast.
-Rocket Launcher: (ammo) EMP rockets - disables vehicles for a short amount of time - bigger the vehicle, more "damage" it has to take in 5 seconds for the EMP effect to take place. With "damage" I mean amount of damage it would take if those were normal rockets. Makes no damage to the vehicle itself, but it renders it useless.
-Vortex Launcher: (AWO) AntiVortex - turns the vortex sphere outside in - launches some fire/rock/whatever particles at players (stuff that it supposedly ate up earlier or in another game - no ragdolls, let's just say those got ripped apart).
(ammo): portal vortex - launches some skaarj monsters from another dimension. Of course, these can also attack the player. Launches up to 3 monsters, and the player doesn't take the credit for the kills, so it wouldn't make a good DM weapon (which could be thought of as a part of balancing). In AWO mode, this sucks up players, and turns up to 3 sucked up players into monsters. Players die, but the spawned monsters are of weaker class than the original monsters (if you'd use this without AWO), usually only some bugs, say, up to 2 per player.

PERSONAL FAVS:
MUG Nanobots (AWO), C.U.T.T.E.R. plasma mode (AWO), AntiVortex(AWO), portal vortex (ammo), RL EMP (ammo)

I didn't list weapons that don't need more stuff (like Claw2, CGL or Crossbow).
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I like a few of these ideas.
Duke

Post by Duke »

You know, those aren't bad ideas. That's even gotten me thinking about some more ideas of my own.

If you are going to have multiple ammo types, I say have more than two ammo types per gun. That being said, in order to apply this, you need new ammo types for the MUG and Chaos Sniper Rifle. I believe that I have come up with suitably chaotic ideas.

MUG ammo: Petrification gas canisters.
Same attack power as either Fire or Ice canisters, constant application increases the character's 'weight'.

Chaos Sniper Rifle ammo: Tracker bullet.
Small attack power, the victim is visible on everyone's HUDs. Great for tracking incoming threats and gauging enemy incursion routes in CTF maps.

Also, the C.U.T.T.E.R. additional ammo suggested by Tim is so good, I believe it is going to be implemented. If so, that raises the total ammo types to 2. I've come up with a third.

C.U.T.T.E.R. ammo: Splitter blade.
Same as regular blade, does not shatter when alt. fired, if primary fire hits a wall, blade splits into 2 seperate blades that continue to bounce.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Duke wrote:C.U.T.T.E.R. ammo: Splitter blade.
Same as regular blade, does not shatter when alt. fired, if primary fire hits a wall, blade splits into 2 seperate blades that continue to bounce.
That's the plasma AWO thingie,when I said it splits in 2. Only that these split in 2, bounce, split in 4, bounce and so on. Deadly, but lesser the particles, less damage they make. And plasma can't make headshots, only when not splitted.
jb

Post by jb »

That tracker maybe a neat idea for a team game like ChaosCTF....
Jb
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

The thing is that tracker information is already availible for the most part using the sniper's existing AWO
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Romulus777
Location: in front of my computer waiting for 5 mods to download at once

Post by Romulus777 »

[sarcasm]Yeah, I'm gonna be able to shoot with the alt-fire on the EDRW when I'm using the sniper AWO :roll:[/sarcasm] that's why I like the idea.
It's in dire need of balancing though. make it so that the tracker is a consistant size on the player's screen, thus making it less accurate from a distance. about 100 pixels X 250 pixels at any given time oughta work, right?
proxys rule cuz they r funny a proud mac user

Code: Select all

All ur base r blong to us
Viva the Revalution

CLICK HERE! (I need 20+ clicks to win)
Duke

Post by Duke »

You know, perhaps we should start an entirely new thread entitled "Ideas for ChaosUT2" for all these user ideas.