recording chaos server side demos

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
unrealshredder

recording chaos server side demos

Post by unrealshredder »

So I have this neat mutator running now on my server that records server side demos automatically, but only when players are on the server. Just got done watching a demo of a duel match only to find that the chaos melee weapons are invisible. I take it there's a technical reason or engine limitation that's causing this? Btw, somehow I can see the melee weaps as soon as they drop from killed players, but nothing more than that. When players are alive, the weaps are definitely invisible.

One more thing, this isn't really an urgent problem...so that's why this isn't posted in the tech support section.
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

I have already noticed this problem and posted somewhere on the forums for a very long time^^
I dont know what it comes from
Be excessive.
unrealshredder

Post by unrealshredder »

[The following is FYI for anyone else besides me or l'arch who attempt to record chaos duel demos for whatever purpose]

Okay, a development in this. Apparently, in order for the demos to playback correctly, you need to be playing the right map? In other words, demos playback perfectly in some maps and horribly on others. The following is a list of chaos team maps that are 'compatible' with demo recording:

Arena2
ChaosImmortal
Colosseum
DeadAir
DesertGrave
DryMouth
Graveyard
Henge

In watching demos of all other official chaos duel maps, I found that the weapons were either invisible (and in some cases the gravbelt trail as well) or somehow the weapons were 'bound' to the players'/bots' 'knees' or 'elbows'.

I believe that the chaosmapinfo actor has something to do with this, but I don't know what yet. I have also found that my server's log indicates nothing is wrong while the demos are being recorded, yet my client log is absolutely flooded as I watch the 'bad' demos...with lines like these:

Log: Hellion_Garrett Attachment not found for bone FireSounds to Attach MeleeAxeAttachment

Log: NecrisM Attachment not found for bone FireSounds to Attach MeleeSwordAttachment

Log: Hellion_Garrett Attachment not found for bone FireSounds to Attach MeleeClawsAttachment

Log: NecrisM Attachment not found for bone IdleBasic1 to Attach GravBeltTrail

This is what it looks like...well the 'bound' thing at least...

http://unrealshredder.com/screens/

I was going to link to each screenshot but I think just the directory is enough :P