1st problem solved, now troubles hitting in melee

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Delirious

1st problem solved, now troubles hitting in melee

Post by Delirious »

It is almost impossible to hit anyone with melee weapons! I swing and swing and swing AND IT DOESN'T HIT THEM! Why is this? What am I doing wrong? :(

Also in horde there's the option for each enemy to have it as low, medium, high and boss, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!
MassChAoS

Re: 1st problem solved, now troubles hitting in melee

Post by MassChAoS »

Delirious wrote:It is almost impossible to hit anyone with melee weapons! I swing and swing and swing AND IT DOESN'T HIT THEM! Why is this? What am I doing wrong? :(
There is a "bug" where if you're standing adjacent (touching) to an enemy, you may or may not hit them. If you're just a tiny bit away, you'll hit them easily. Ideally you wouldn't be standing still, so the chance of the bug being an big issue is small. That help?
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

So I should or should not keep moving whilst melee fighting, and just be a bit away from the enemy and not right in his face?

Also...my 2nd question, in horde, the options of low, medium, high, and boss in the wave selection means what?
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

:wink:

Come play online and you probably will get better. Everything comes with practice.

The Generals is a melee duel clan.
High Council member of The Generals
jb

Post by jb »

Delirious wrote:So I should or should not keep moving whilst melee fighting, and just be a bit away from the enemy and not right in his face?

Also...my 2nd question, in horde, the options of low, medium, high, and boss in the wave selection means what?
yea try to be close not not right on your enemy.

Low, medium and high are the level of the monsters. We set up HH so that when its starts out there are more low mosters, some medium and very high at the start. Then with each wave you would get more medium and high. Until at the end when you have almost all high. Think of it like a battle were the grunts go in frist with some higher level troops to suppor tthem, ect :)
Jb
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

Ok I've been trying and trying in melee...my summary

It is so much easier to do melee fights in the ballistics mod that is out than the melee in chaos...MUCH easier (odd I can kick in chaos a lot easier than swing a sword)

It gets really frustrating to get a hit every minute of swinging frantically instead of me just wanting to shoot the crap out of them...making me think the melee weapons are useless. :(

Don't get me wrong, I love this mod, but I would love for it to be the best it can be with some improvements over these areas.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Delirious wrote:It gets really frustrating to get a hit every minute of swinging frantically instead of me just wanting to shoot the crap out of them....
Agreed! So guns it is from here out! :D
GB

Post by GB »

R.Flagg wrote:
Delirious wrote:It gets really frustrating to get a hit every minute of swinging frantically instead of me just wanting to shoot the crap out of them....
Agreed! So guns it is from here out! :D

ARGH! no melee? thats the bit i loved best in chaos - well, until you could kick in it. That was lame.

I cant really help your melee woes, i dont have trouble with it...regular samurai master me...
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

Then tell me how you are able to hit people!!!!
GB

Post by GB »

i just run around and swing when im passing....if it helps, try playing against bots for a little while on a slower setting - say 0.6 then work up to normal game speed. its all in the timing.

Tbh, i am a little confused as to your difficulty - it just seemed like one of those things that is so easy - as if youd asked how to shoot someone or something. its kinda hard to imagine there being any difficulty....
"All i know is my gut says maybe"