Since ut3 is PC & Console?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Deathstorm

Since ut3 is PC & Console?

Post by Deathstorm »

Will the next chaos work for all versions?
jb

Post by jb »

no idea... it would be neat to make it playable by both PC and consoles...
Jb
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

jb wrote:no idea... it would be neat to make it playable by both PC and consoles...
Over at the Epic forums, thet said it would work. On the XBox they might not allow it, but on the PS3 it will work.
jb

Post by jb »

Oh yeap I saw the same thing. We will first have to make it work in the PC space. Then see who on the dev team has a PS3 to test it out. Then if that works out we can see about a console release...
Jb
KingTalo

Post by KingTalo »

jb wrote:Oh yeap I saw the same thing. We will first have to make it work in the PC space. Then see who on the dev team has a PS3 to test it out. Then if that works out we can see about a console release...
Word! I came here for this sole purpose. Couldn't fode a new computer, so i got a ps3. Mouse and keyboard works almost perfect (a patch should smooth things out). And the game is incredible.

So with the possibility of Chaos on ps3, i duly submit myself for beta testing as soon as the mod converter tools come out.

Can't wait to lop some heads off with my bastard sword .

:twisted:
-KT

PSN: KingTalo
dragon2611

Post by dragon2611 »

Please do make it for PS3 if possible

My pc probably would run UT3 but I was worried it wouldn't run it very well on high detail (who wants to play it on low :wink: ) so i bought the ps3 version

the thought of seeing all those people chased by the proxy mines :D
(please tell me those are going to make it across to the ut3 version of the mod)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

No, I'm sorry, they will not.

Epic has informed us today (via the mods mailing list), that is NO support for importing any custom sounds at all to the PS3. And there is a chance that there never will be.

There are other rather amazing restrictions as well. Such as the fact that mutators and game types must be script only - No models.

So, we will continue to consider what is possible... but some things... like proxy mines ... will probably never happen.

Sorry - but Epic waited a long time to tell anybody this kind of stuff.