No UT3,,,then how about this idea,,,,,,,,

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
amongoeth

No UT3,,,then how about this idea,,,,,,,,

Post by amongoeth »

Since there wont be a chaos for UT3,then about somone invest a bit more into chaos for ut2004. The mod is great,it doesnt need changes,but how about making or remaking all of the original quake 2 extemeties( chaos) maps for ut2004?
Some have been remade and i have those,but there are a bunch that have not been remade.Am i the only person that loves the nostalgic maps of quake2 extemeties?
I just think it would be great to totally be able to replay quake2 extemeties all over again but on the ut2004 platform. In some of my other posts,i list the old quake maps i found for ut2004,please let me know if anyone found others i didnt mention.I dont know how to make maps or i would remake them all myself. If anyone out there is a good mapper and would like to do this project,please contact me here and my email is colsteveaustin@aol.com
thanks
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

In case anyone was confused about his reference, Q2 Extremities was the 1st retail CD that included Chaos;

"Quake II: Internet Pack No. 1: Extremities is a commercial add-on product for id Software's Quake II, consisting of some of the best custom modifications created for the game during 1998.

The compilation was put together by id Software and published by Activision."

Quote lifted from this FAQ;

http://modcentral.planetquake.gamespy.c ... iesfaq.htm

And while I agree that some of those old maps were just wonderful, if/when any maps are remade (for any version of Chaos) is up to the individual mappers.
Kruger

Post by Kruger »

I have another idea... kinda.

Have y'all finished anything for UT3, maybe like the famous proxy voice pack or whatever else. Maybe you could just release what's finished, and leave the rest for another time.

Just an idea I've had for some time now.
WailofSuicide

Post by WailofSuicide »

I wouldn't mind seeing the Combat Viper Racing being made for UT2004.

I have the UT3 vehicles (and weapons) exported into 3DSMax-readable files. If someone wanted to bone the vehicle, and export its animations, it'd be possible to do Combat Viper Racing. Although I'm not guaranteeing anything, I'd be willing to do some work on the code end of things (at least, getting the Viper in the game and functioning).
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Kruger: There are no 'features' we are prepared to release for UT3. The bare minimum we were going to do was the grapple/belt combo, and that hasn't been completed. To answer your example directly, no, the proxy voices were not yet created for UT3.

Aside from that though, maps and/or character models could of course be released individually, but that is up to each mapper and modeler. Considering our current status, they'd have two choices. A) release it on their own, any old time they wanted to, as a non-Chaos item. Or B) if they want it to be a Chaos map and/or character, it simply has to meet the approval of those team members who are still here (as always, this is nothing new. it's how we keep the standards high).

Edit: And as a reminder to everyone - we do have Anti-Grav Belt code from Mons that is nearly complete. All we need is a working grapple, and then have them combined into one mut, and we'd be golden.

Wail - that's great, thanks for posting. It'd be killer to see that come alive. I hope somebody steps up to your offer.