Let's not waste this guy's server ...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Dorian_Old

Let's not waste this guy's server ...

Post by Dorian_Old »

Genman recently put up a ChaosUT2 server a while ago for nostalgia's sake. Well I am interested in playing, as well as my friend dmun. I'll probably be playing a bit every evening or night (EST), either alone or with dmun. We could use some company! I'm not sure, but I don't think he posted an IP anywhere on the forums ... however, you can easily find the server if you use the game browser dropdown list and select 'all chaos games'. Hopefully we can rally even a couple more people!
Last edited by Dorian_Old on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmun

Post by dmun »

I've forgotten more than I ever knew, but, after playing recently, I can proudly say, I can hit the broad side of a barn :wink: Dorian and I have talked about playing, having some fun, I talked recently with Genman ( BIG thanks for running a server btw :D ) hopefully some interest will happen. Hadn't played for I'm guessing, about 3 years, forgot how much fun it is.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

Thanks Guy's

A little bit of info about the server.

I run it from my house, the spec are as followed.

P4-3.0
2 gig ram
160 gig 7200rpm hard drive
Network Cox Cable Premier Package 5mbps up 20mbps dn
Located on the East Coast

I usually have it running from 3pm EST to 6:30am EST weekdays
24-7 weekends

I have standard, CBP, Chaos, and a few custom maps on it, there is a redirect for maps, the speed will very but it's not really slow.

I do not have Meelee and Horde Hunters enabled (Sorry)

I 'll keep it running as long as people what to play on it.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I've been there! Not in last couple weeks I guess, but I've been there!

Thanks genman, and fellows.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hey, hey... false advertisement! I voted up "ChaosCTF" just now, but it was only CTF with the Chaos mutator. Gah!

:wink: S'ok though, hard to complain when somebody is putting CUT2 online. Thanks again.
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

R.Flagg wrote:Hey, hey... false advertisement! I voted up "ChaosCTF" just now, but it was only CTF with the Chaos mutator. Gah!

:wink: S'ok though, hard to complain when somebody is putting CUT2 online. Thanks again.
LOL.....It's been corrected CCTF has been added to the vote list. If anyone wants a specific map added let me know.

Thanks
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

On there right now, playing some ChaosCTF. It's been awhile, but I gotta say, that's one fine damn CTF mod. Sure it's got a few bugs still, but that's the ****. If I do say so myself.

Hate to be a bother, but next time you're messing 'round with the server, could you please add the VCTF maps to the voting menu for ChaosCTF?

Thanks!
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

R.Flagg wrote:On there right now, playing some ChaosCTF. It's been awhile, but I gotta say, that's one fine damn CTF mod. Sure it's got a few bugs still, but that's the ****. If I do say so myself.

Hate to be a bother, but next time you're messing 'round with the server, could you please add the VCTF maps to the voting menu for ChaosCTF?

Thanks!
Done.....Enjoy :)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Once again. Thank you.

Was on there again just now, getting ready to kick some bot ass.. and just as the warmup period ended, server went bye-bye.

Was it something I said?
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

R.Flagg wrote:Once again. Thank you.

Was on there again just now, getting ready to kick some bot ass.. and just as the warmup period ended, server went bye-bye.

Was it something I said?
LOL.....It must of been that time of the month for it.

It's back up now and it seemed to be switching fine from game type to game type, I'll keep an eye on it

Thanks
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

bashed some bots for quite a while a couple days ago ... didn't expect company though because i think it was well past midnight EST on a weekday ... even played some hyperctf and in that case the bots bashed me for the most part with their HB laser and railgun aim lol.
dmun

is it gone now?

Post by dmun »

been a while since I've had a chance to play, but I've looked for Genman's server, haven't seen it,Genman, did you shut it down? :( totally understand if you did, hoping it's just a temporary thing :wink: I think I owe Dorian a game or 50 8O. been a long time since you kicked my ass too, I'm ready when you are :D