UT3 Server - with Chaos Anti-Gravity Belt

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

UT3 Server - with Chaos Anti-Gravity Belt

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi.

There is a UT3 server running, that is available for anyone to join if they wish. It is running a handful of mutators, including an Anti-Gravity Belt that was coded by MonsOlympus. To use the Anti-Gravity Belt, you must type this into the console at the begnning of each map (for now at least, hopefully future updates can fix this):

setbind x mutate useitem

and of course you can change "x" to any key you want. You spawn with it already, and there is a counter on your screen (looks like the Beserk counter for now). You can turn it on and off at will throughout the match. It recharges itself when not in use.

This is a Beta build of the Anti-Gravity Belt. There is a known bug, in that it will sometimes stop working. This will go away the next time you die. It also doesn't have a sound yet, or any visual trail or anything. But at least you can float. If you find any more problems with it, be sure to tell Mons all about it.

Server Name = CarryTheFlag
Password = cut3
IP = 66.55.142.67:7777

It should be visible in the browser under VCTF, or you can copy/paste this into your console:

open 66.55.142.67:7777?password=cut3

It is running ClassicVCTF, by Xyx, which means you can carry flags in ground based vehicles, just like in UT2004.

It is also running Carry the Flag, by [Apoc]Death, which means you have to carry your own flag back to your own base. Dr. Death is going with the orignal 'UT99' style of CarryTF, which means you can also pick up your own flag from your base. And it means you can score anywhere in the map where you get the two flags together, even in the enemy base! This version of Apoc's Carry the Flag is considered alpha, but it seems to be working very well already.

These mutators are also being used;

Camera Control - so you can scroll camera view while in vehicles
BattleMod - this gives us fast weapon switch, and UT2k4-style dodgejump
Allow Player Alias - so you can change your nick to whatever you want
Win_Dex - removes some of the 'name tags' over player's heads
No Deployables - removes SpiderMine traps, and EMPs, etc
Vehicle Replacer - no more invisible vehicles

Custom VCTF Maps:

Canal Warfare LE
CBP3-Artemisa
CBP3-Refuge
CBP3-The Dig
Hanging Gardens
Infection Forest SEV2
Megastructure SE
Off The Rails LE
Silverpoint
Slax ][
Wastelands

They are not all on the redirect, at least not yet, so it's always best to download first.

This thread at Epic forums has links to some of these maps;
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=666785

And this page for the MSUC has some of them too;
http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/phase3.aspx

Let us know if you can't find one, or if you want to add another one.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well I had fun with it, but I have now taken this server down (sent in cancellation form anyway, will be down in day or two).

Mostly playing Arma2 now, but also up for other games. Any of ya'll wanna play something, give me a shout.
heutenitaz

Post by heutenitaz »

I have next problem with ut3 server:
When it starts i get the following message "Failed to register game with online service. Registering as a LAN match".
Demo version worked fine (with same settings) but the retail aren't.
Why it cannot be registered as online?
leomartin6

Post by leomartin6 »

I have found a lot of useful and interesting stuff from here. Being a student of I.T i have obtained a lot of helpful material from here.
leomartin6
<a href="http://www.cwnaexam.net">cwna</a>
U.S.A.