CUT-Maps from official ChaosUT-Developers

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Morpheus-2396

CUT-Maps from official ChaosUT-Developers

Post by Morpheus-2396 »

Hello guys,

It's been almost 7 years since I was here last time. On that time I had an other username - Bruce Slater (maybe some of you will recognize me as the "Idea King"). Since that, much has changed in the world and much more has changed about me... to the negative:( Anyway, I'm glad to be among you again:)

My first topic is about CUT-Maps and how to install CUT for UT G.O.T.Y. Edition.

1.) I have a couple of CUT-Maps and I would like to know, if they are from official CUT-Developers and I would like to know, if there are other available maps from CUT-Developers.

Well, here's the list of maps I have stored:

1.) CTF-CUT_CloseQuarters
2.) CTF-CUT_Gemini
3.) CTF-CUT_Gladiator
4.) CTF-CUT_Rune
5.) CTF-CUT_XV8
6.) DM-CUT_Agoraphobia][
7.) DM-CUT_Avatarium
8.) DM-CUT_Dali_v2
9.) DM-CUT_Jailhouse
10.) DM-CUT_Manhunt
11.) DM-CUT_SinaStar
12.) DM-CUT_Spacer_v1
13.) DM-CUT_TopFox

my first question: Are these 13 maps ALL from official CUT-developers or are there maps from custom persons included (I need to know that, cuz I want to create folders for "official" and "custom" CUT-Maps)? If yes, please tell me, which ones are *custom*

my second question: Are there any more CUT-Maps from *official* CUT-Developers? If yes, please tell their names/filenames and a location where I can download them

my third question: if there are any more *custom* CUT-Maps, please tell me all sites on the net, which still have them available for downloading.

Second thing is about how to install CUT for UT-GOTY-Edition properly. My method was like this:

1.) Install UT-GOTY-CD2 (which includes CUT-Beta3 and CUT-GOTY-mappack if I don't recognize wrong)
2.) Install CUT-Beta4-Upgrade (no maps)
3.) Install CUT-Beta4-mappack
4.) Install CUT-v1-Upgrade
5.) Install CUT-v1-1-Upgrade
6.) Install all official and custom CUT-Maps
7.) Configure CUT
8.) Done!

If this method is perfect (or at least fully acceptable), then please confirm it.

Thx 4 help,

Thx,

M-2396
Once, my nickname was "Bruce Slater",

ChaosUT Idea King,

Offense is the only defense!
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: CUT-Maps from official ChaosUT-Developers

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi, whether or not the maps were from official team members or not, would require some 'research' time, as I don't recall off the top of my head. However, I think you can do this research online just as I could. So I respectfully invite you to dive into the effort.

As far as intalling CUT, I would simply avoid the version found on the GOTY retail cd, and go straight for the final full version found on the net.

Good luck, have fun.